Home Ratings & Reviews

Graycliff 1666

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
I just had my first Graycliff on Sunday and WOW!!! I thought it was amazing!!! The draw was perfect and it was med-full bodied with great flavor all the way through! Smoked it down to where it was starting to burn my fingers! Anyone else have any thoughts on these? I am very impressed!

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I like them but they are not my favorite. I have maybe two more that have been aging for months. Nice taste though and they are pretty solid. Good burn.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had some major burn issues with mine. I liked the first 1/2 or so, but after that the draw got tight (not sure if it was the torpedo shape or not) and the burn was very uneven..
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I've read several reviews of this one and for the most part, people are saying that fresh, they're nothing special. But with some rest, they turn out pretty nice.

I have quite a few of these guys sleeping in the humi. I've burned a couple with just a month or two on them and I can say that I did enjoy them. I plan on letting them rest for a little longer to see if they do get better.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bass8844:
    I've read several reviews of this one and for the most part, people are saying that fresh, they're nothing special. But with some rest, they turn out pretty nice.

I have quite a few of these guys sleeping in the humi. I've burned a couple with just a month or two on them and I can say that I did enjoy them. I plan on letting them rest for a little longer to see if they do get better.
    I agree with aging the 1666. Put some time into them and it will pay off. I've had them fresh, and aged up to a couple years, time improves this one. Deals can frequently found on these cigars, and that is when you should stock up.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Good to hear that time improves them. I've got several, but the first one I smoked -- several months ago -- didn't do much for me. Maybe the others will be better.
  • AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I have several that have been resting in my humi for a while now. I really enjoyed the ones I have tried so far. The Double Espresso is really good also. They are more on the full side. I just wish they weren't so pricey.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well it's good to know these seem to get better with some age. I've got a few more resting so I think I'll sit on them a while and see what happens! They are pretty pricey, but if you look around you can get some awesome deals on them in some samplers. Thats where I got my lil stash of them.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I had my first 1666 today during a break in the rain. It had a really interesting marbled wrapper, not like anything i've seen before. The burn kind of sucked, required constant touching up, the smoke was really dry, not what i had expected from a maduro, though i chalk that up to a learning expierience. The flavor seemd to be really one sided and flat, just didnt do it for me. Guess i bought into the hype, i took the rest and put em in my "forget about it for atleast a year" humi. First time i ever threw away a 15$ stick at the 1/2 way point...felt liberating :)
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I haven't had any burn issues and smoked quite a few. No draw issues either. The ash doesn't stick but as Puro stated you can really get a deal on these. I probably let my sit about 4 months - I like 'em...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Need to smoke the one I have this weekend in prep for my Bahama's trip to see if I want to pick up any while there. Don't know if its an advantage anyway.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The one I've smoked had the perfect draw! I smoked a 5 Vegas A later after the Graycliff and it was night and day difference because the A had a pretty tight draw. The 1666 had a draw about like the RP Decade which was just about the most perfect draw I've ever had on a cigar.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I eally enjoy these, and do agree that some time on them helps. I'd never pay list for them but can usually get them fairly reasonably in samplers and such. The only one I've had a problem with was the first one.... and probably just because I could only get a non-smoking hotel room and sort of smoked it hanging halfway out the window.

Want to try the Double Espressos but haven't found a good deal on them yet.
  • cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    This is good info...I have a 1666 chillen in the humi...I think I'll just leave it there for awhile....of course I am just dieing to smoke it...
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I've got one of these on the way as part of a sampler from here...can't wait!