Home Cigar 101

Quality Cheap Cigars

smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
Hi, I'm relatively new to the cigar world, and due to a tight budget I was wondering what were the most quality low cost cigars?

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I tell people to start off with the Cigar.com house blends. They are all quite good and very value priced. In my opinion, some other value priced cigars that are good in my book are the Oliva G's, La Gloria Cubana, Mayorga, Bolivar and REO. Welcome to the boards bro!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas is another good starting place.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    A sampler pack of the CCOM house blends is a great place to start....
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    A sampler pack of the CCOM house blends is a great place to start....
    I agree. Maybe one sampler pack from each blend though. You know, difference sizes, etc... Oh, and I recommend some nice Fuentes. Maybe some 8-5-8s.

My local work B&M carries a newer Honduran cigar called the Cuban Aristocrat-comes in connecticutt -maduro-habano. I believe they come in 5 sizes. I've been smoking the conn. perfecto ( about a couple of months now) 2-3 a week. On the milder to med side but if you take your time with them they are a terrific smoke for about 3.00 a stick. kinda nutty almondy little spice kick , very tasty although i'm not doing a good job describing. Would def advise giving it a try, great taste regardless of the fact their cheap.

Anybody else here tried these?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I have to echo this...I got a sampler earlier in the fall and smoked through them and got some more. For me, the best value smoke I've had, by far and away. I know everybody recommends the 5 vegas for this, but I've been somewhat underwhelmed. I enjoyed pretty much every one of the ccom blends I got.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Another good smoke that you can find for a GREAT price is the Onyx Reserve! Awesome smoke! One of my favorites of all time and I can usually find them at my local B&Ms for around $15 for a 5 pack. Boxes of them aren't that bad either. Thats my "budget smoke" suggestion for anyone!
  • My B&M carries a cigar called Da Vinci, pretty good smoke for around 5 bucks for the whole line. They also sell punch 3-5 packs for around 15 dollars as well. Sancho Panza is another decent smoke that are around 5 dollars.
    I've heard good things about the Da Vinci. I have a gigantic Da Vinci in my humi right now. I think its an Exhibicion A.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Peter_Lindgren:
    Sancho Panza is another decent smoke that are around 5 dollars.
    I really love these.. I heard Kuzi talk about them, and then got a couple in a pass, they are a must try. Well worth the five bucks.
    kaspera79:
    Peter_Lindgren:
    I really love these.. I heard Kuzi talk about them, and then got a couple in a pass, they are a must try. Well worth the five bucks.
    Same story here and I agree. Good cheap smoke.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    Peter_Lindgren:
    my work here is done.
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    Peter_Lindgren:
    my work here is done.
    Were you aware that Sancha Panza is also an ISOM brand?
    yup. PM sent.
    and returned.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    I have a few of those.
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    I have a few of those.
    Have you smoked one yet?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The Sancho Panza is a brand that I still haven't tried. The domestic or ISOM... Gonna have to give them a shot... both if I can get my hands on the latter!
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    I have a few of those.
    Have you smoked one yet?
    Not yet. They were rather dry when they were given to me, so I've been giving them some time to recover.
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    I have a few of those.
    Have you smoked one yet?
    Not yet. They were rather dry when they were given to me, so I've been giving them some time to recover.
    Let us know. There are a couple of us interested.
    I sent one of them to j0z3r in a trade. Dunno if he's smoked it yet.
    He has not. I just talked to him about them, he said he had one that he hadn't gotten to yet.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Don't know about SP, but if we're takling cigars $5 and under, I like the RP edge and the Nubs very much in that range.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    As a matter of fact, I did smoke that one. To be honest, I felt it was lacking. I don't know if it was a consequence of being a bit dried out initially, but it seemed to have very little flavor and equally little body. Not terrible, just not a good example to base an opinion on.
    madurofan:
    He has not. I just talked to him about them, he said he had one that he hadn't gotten to yet.
    Whoops, I was thinking scrambler. He said he had received one from here but hadn't smoked it yet. Sorry Joz.
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    As a matter of fact, I did smoke that one. To be honest, I felt it was lacking. I don't know if it was a consequence of being a bit dried out initially, but it seemed to have very little flavor and equally little body. Not terrible, just not a good example to base an opinion on.
    Hmm, I;ve read that they need quite some age.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    Hmm, I;ve read that they need quite some age.
    That is one factor I cannot attest to. I got mine from urby, he got his from a neighbor...who knows how long the neighbor had them and what kind of condition he kept them in. You could well be right, and I certainly won't be counting out the original Sancho Panza line based on that one experience...especially since as far as Cuban cigars go, they are very reasonably priced.

If it matters to anyone reading, the size of the Sancho in question is the "non plus", which is a mareva, 5 x42.
    i very much like the domestic.

i hope the ISOM wont let me down.
    kuzi16:
    i very much like the domestic.

i hope the ISOM wont let me down.
    Me too.