Home Cigar 101

Cigar Lingo

Is there a thread dealing with cigar lingo? If not maybe everyone can weigh in on this one and add some cigar lingo for the new guys? I guess i'll start with not giving one, but asking. What is Herf?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The best meaning I can come up with is... a social gathering which involves the smoking and discussion of cigars.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kaspera79:
    The best meaning I can come up with is... a social gathering which involves the smoking and discussion of cigars.
    yep. and typically people will bring cigars in a travel case called a herf-a-dor to smoke out of/share.
  • got ya. I just wasn't sure if it stood for something. Thanks for the input.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    howtobass:
    got ya. I just wasn't sure if it stood for something. Thanks for the input.
    Here you go, howtobass. Try this link out. It is a glossary of different cigar terminology.

http://www.cigaradvisor.com/glossary/
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really glad someone started this thread because I know I have had a couple questions as well. ENFIDL would mean...? Same with BOTL and BORK? (let the finger pointing and laughing commence)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    I'm really glad someone started this thread because I know I have had a couple questions as well. ENFIDL would mean...? Same with BOTL and BORK? (let the finger pointing and laughing commence)
    ENFIDL is one of the members here at the forum. That is his call name. BOTL = Brother Of The Leaf.
    BORK is a takeoff of BOTL that someone around here started a while ago. I believe it was originally a typo error.
    laker1963:
    90+ Irishman:
    ENFIDL is one of the members here at the forum. That is his call name. BOTL = Brother Of The Leaf.
    BORK is a takeoff of BOTL that someone around here started a while ago. I believe it was originally a typo error.
    Greatly appreciated, I gotta say this forum keeps me sane at work. Doing 12 hr shifts 6 days a week is a little rough, but this certainly helps to pass the time and keep the insanity to a managable level haha
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    laker1963:
    90+ Irishman:
    Greatly appreciated, I gotta say this forum keeps me sane at work. Doing 12 hr shifts 6 days a week is a little rough, but this certainly helps to pass the time and keep the insanity to a managable level haha
    Check out the link I posted a couple of post' above this one. It has a very large database of cigar terminology.
    Fantastitc, much appreciated!
  • laker1963:
    howtobass:
    got ya. I just wasn't sure if it stood for something. Thanks for the input.
    Here you go, howtobass. Try this link out. It is a glossary of different cigar terminology.

http://www.cigaradvisor.com/glossary/
    Thanks Laker!
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    laker1963:
    90+ Irishman:

Agreed I usually put in 11 to 12 hrs a night also, what better way to pass time and gain much knowledge in the process.
    CvilleE:
    90+ Irishman:
    laker1963:
    90+ Irishman:

Agreed I usually put in 11 to 12 hrs a night also, what better way to pass time and gain much knowledge in the process.
    +1 Agreed