Home General Discussion

Even Trade-off

Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
So, I worked out a deal with the wife...So long as we stay within our budget, whatever I spend on cigars I have to give her the exact amount in cash. Any thoughts? Personally, I think it's a pretty good deal cause I'm happy and so is the wife.

Happy wife=Happy home.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out here, we say, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    How about, whatever she spends in frivolous shitt, (hair, nails, purses, shoes, make-up) YOU get to spend on cigars ?
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    How about, whatever she spends in frivolous shitt, (hair, nails, purses, shoes, make-up) YOU get to spend on cigars ?
    That's the thing I spend more than she does.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    sounds like a solid plan. two happy people is better then none.
    Lakota72:
    kaspera79:
    ...Hmmmm, take the deal and get a part time job.
    kaspera79:
    Lakota72:
    kaspera79:
    Well...I'm up for promotion soon so hopefully it will count as a part time job.
    Lakota72:
    kaspera79:
    Lakota72:
    kaspera79:
    Well...I'm up for promotion soon so hopefully it will count as a part time job.
    My crystal balll tells me there are many fine cigars in your future !
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I think it's a good idea. I usually play it the opposite way with the fiance but it works out
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I had a boss that had this arrangement with his wife when he used to go gambling. What ever he lost she got the same dollar amount to send on a shopping spree. She was shopping all the time what I recall....but hey, if it works out for the both of ya, I say DOOOEEETTT!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    So, I worked out a deal with the wife...So long as we stay within our budget, whatever I spend on cigars I have to give her the exact amount in cash. Any thoughts? Personally, I think it's a pretty good deal cause I'm happy and so is the wife.

Happy wife=Happy home.
    Heh small world, same agreement I have with my wife... it's worked for us for a while now so I say have fun man. -- Jarman
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Photoshop them damn Cigar.com Receipts...

"Honey! Tim gave me an awesome deal! 102 cigars for only $25! Here's your money, you earned it sweetie!"
  • Me and my wife worked it out that my money is mine, her money is hers, we both contribute an agreed amount to savings each month, we split the bills, and the rest is yours to spend. If we didn't have this, we would probably be divorced. A joint account just didn't work. So, I agree with you, as long as it works for the both of you, go for it!
  • Lasabar:

"Honey! Tim gave me an awesome deal! 102 cigars for only $25! Here's your money, you earned it sweetie!"
    PURE GENIUS!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    howtobass:
    Lasabar:

PURE GENIUS!
    IThankYou
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:

That is hilarious!!!!!
  • Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. This way everybody is happy!

Just be careful on the photoshopping of receipts...my best friend tried that on some purchases he made, but his wife found the originals....not good for him! LOL
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I have been working on a new job for a while that I just got the contract for. Much nicer job with better pay and benefits than what I have now. I do like my current job but the new job is much better in many ways. Going to be an interesting next few weeks.
    Marker:
    I have been working on a new job for a while that I just got the contract for. Much nicer job with better pay and benefits than what I have now. I do like my current job but the new job is much better in many ways. Going to be an interesting next few weeks.
    Can't wait to see how this works out for you my friend. It's going well for me so far.