Home General Discussion

Culebra style cigars

CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have always wanted to try one of these. Has anyone smoked this style of cigar, if so, how was it and did it burn well?

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I had three gifted two and had to throw away the one i kept for myself =(. It kept cracking. But yes they are interesting but idk exactly how the burn would be constant.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    some burn strange. The top roller of the oliva factory made a few for our tour group. they burned ok. just a bit awkward to hold.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    CAcigarguy007:
    I have always wanted to try one of these. Has anyone smoked this style of cigar, if so, how was it and did it burn well?
    I've had the SCCC culebra, and it burned fine, great even. Tasted better than the other sizes as well.
  • I saw these the other day on Youtube somewhere...

I would imagine they would burn fine. I would just be worried that somehow I would burn my face or arm if I wasn't really really careful.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told told gently pull the three small sticks apart and smoke them that way...? -- Jarman
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Just had to google culebra and came across this:

And also these:

Interesting stuff.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielruas:

And also these:

Interesting stuff.
    Can't say I have ever come across an OpusX culebra, doesn't mean they don't exist just curious if some is doing a counterfeit OpusX (woe be tto the poor fellow if it is) -- Jarman
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Am I the only one itching to smoke one of those footballs?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've seen videos of people rolling them... It's just basically three lanceros rolled straight and then braided together.

I have an "Old man and the C" from Tatuaje and in the box it comes with the Culebra AND a fourth straight Lancero in the box.
    Just break the three apart and smoke away!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    danielruas:

And also these:

Interesting stuff.
    nice nice nice. I know where some of those Opus footballs are, even though i have no desire to smoke one.
  • I recently had a Drew Estates culebra called the Medusa. It was just ok. Burn was actually pretty good. I got it mostly for the novelty, but not the greatest smoke.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those re some wild looking sticks! It would be cool to have a couple just for looking at.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    CAcigarguy007:
    I've had the SCCC culebra, and it burned fine, great even. Tasted better than the other sizes as well.
    Awesome.. I have one of these.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Those re some wild looking sticks! It would be cool to have a couple just for looking at.
    "Looking at?". are you kidding me? I'd smoke those bad boys in a heartbeat. I'd just have-ta, looking all sexy full of plume. They are so bad I'd consider them to be CILF's...lol. They are a work of art though and some of the most interesting cigars I have ever seen. I just wonder who the lucky sole is that has possession of such treasures. Man-o-man would I love to get my hands on those Opus masterpieces.
    CAcigarguy007:
    Rhamlin:
    "Looking at?". are you kidding me? I'd smoke those bad boys in a heartbeat. I'd just have-ta, looking all sexy full of plume. They are so bad I'd consider them to be CILF's...lol. They are a work of art though and some of the most interesting cigars I have ever seen. I just wonder who the lucky sole is that has possession of such treasures. Man-o-man would I love to get my hands on those Opus masterpieces.
    pm sent 007
    dennisking:
    CAcigarguy007:
    Rhamlin:
    pm sent 007
    Took me a while to find my Inbox as mine only says Inb..lol. Thanks for the tip though. I will look into it.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Had a Tatuaje Old Man and the C the other day and it burned perfectly and tasted great. Awkward to set down in an ashtray though.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've smoked a couple of these, it's just awkward when you and two other buddies have to put your faces together to make a puff... Good thing i really like my friends!
    Lasabar:
    I've smoked a couple of these, it's just awkward when you and two other buddies have to put your faces together to make a puff... Good thing i really like my friends!
    Bahaha A+ post!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really enjoy the SCCC culebra, Russ summed up my thoughts pretty well. Also, the now discontinued Partagas Culebra is a deadset fantastic cigar, one of the finest in the Partagas line.
    Davidoff makes a culebra as well.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Recently had a Partagas Culebra. Killer smoke. Also, Johnny O's Culebras are legendary.

As for those Opus Culebras, and other crazy Opus pictured earlier, those are photos from the "Forbidden Alcove" in one of the aging rooms at Chateau de la Fuente, taken by a lucky CFCFer who was blessed to be given a peek into the abyss. A few more photos from that room on Moki's site HERE
    docbp87:
    Recently had a Partagas Culebra. Killer smoke. Also, Johnny O's Culebras are legendary.

As for those Opus Culebras, and other crazy Opus pictured earlier, those are photos from the "Forbidden Alcove" in one of the aging rooms at Chateau de la Fuente, taken by a lucky CFCFer who was blessed to be given a peek into the abyss. A few more photos from that room on Moki's site HERE
    Dam! That is like cigar Nirvana! If I only could win the lotto I'm sure I could convince them to part with a good deal of them :)
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I totally want an Opus Football!!
    docbp87:

I had a feeling if anyone knew about those opus' it'd be you doc
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Smoked several partagas culebras - the partagase flavor was there but it was a little rough, burn was fine, the ash actual "turned the curve" a bit before falling off. Draw was easy. Smoked one with some age and was a bit smoother. Fun smoke for a threesome..... Tried the illusion '23' - taste was so so, draw was bad on all three, tight. Tat old man and the 'C' - on deck....not smoked....yet.