Home Non Cigar Related

Piranha caught in Houston, TX lake.....

CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
It is a far fetch idea, but what if there is more...there has to be. Check out these articles about a 5 year old girl landing a piranha in a lake at Tom Bass Park recenly.

Houston Chronicle

msnbc.com

Comments

• Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if this turns into a major problem. It's certainly warm enough for them to survive.
  • Lakota72:
    It will be interesting to see if this turns into a major problem. It's certainly warm enough for them to survive.
    That's why it's illegal to own them in many states. Funny thing is, you can order them online and have them shipped to your house (illegally) You would think that the company would know better, but they are just trying to make a buck and put the responsibility on the buyer. I'm starting to wonder if it's the same for Cuban cigars?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup there are quite a few online retailers that will sell "collectables" to US addresses. Reading thru CA's forum it sounds like it's pretty common.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Rhamlin:
    Yup there are quite a few online retailers that will sell "collectables" to US addresses. Reading thru CA's forum it sounds like it's pretty common.
    There are many pitfalls to ordering into the US. It is not worth it unless you are willing to pay the price of the item and possibly much more for many other reasons.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    howtobass:
    Lakota72:
    That's why it's illegal to own them in many states. Funny thing is, you can order them online and have them shipped to your house (illegally) You would think that the company would know better, but they are just trying to make a buck and put the responsibility on the buyer. I'm starting to wonder if it's the same for Cuban cigars?
    Yep they are easy to get. People don't understand what they r getting when they get these bad boys. They grow too big for the average aquarium, so people turn them loose all the time once they outgrow the tank. This is a problem though that I'm suprised hadn't already gotten as bad as the snakehead population in the US. I hate it, but as they reproduce they evolve and adapt. Who knows what will happen in future generations.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    CvilleE:
    Who knows what will happen in future generations.
    Probably something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZlFpZKMeyc
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    CvilleE:
    Who knows what will happen in future generations.
    Probably something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZlFpZKMeyc
    lol...that was great...