Home Ratings & Reviews

Review: CAO Lx2

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    matthewjmichael:
    As to be expected, the Lx2 was very flavorful. The first puff produced notes of green pepper and smoothed out into a earthy tobacco profile with a cocoa finish. About halfway through the first third, I picked up a nutty flavor on the finish coupled with the continuing cocoa, which was quite nice! The second-third of the Lx2 continued to smooth out and notes of fresh cut grass seemed to jump out at me. There was also some mint on the finish. The final third returned to a more pronounced earthy tobacco taste with a caramel type finish. The smoke was very complex and I enjoyed the transition in the smoke.
    this is interesting. I smoked one a few weeks after it came out. I didnt find it very complex at all. it was strong. it had spice, and i seem to remember getting ribbed that i found nut flavor to it. the only complexities i found were in the spice... noting pepper and cinnamon
    i also found very little of the earth flavor and a good amount of leather instead. the sweet associated with the earth and coco flavor just was not there when i smoked one.

i gave it an 8.4 btw
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I've had a few of these and loved them. I need to get a few more and let them sit for a while like you did.
  • Have you had burn issues?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it didnt burn evenly, but i dont remember it being a struggle. I didnt note in my catalog that it was burning horribly.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've had 4 of them and I seem to enjoy the robusto size. I think the cigar isn't bad, but I didn't get too much flavor out of them. and sadly no nut taste... Most CAO's I've had usually burn uneven.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    It looks like I am rekindling an old thread. This is my first Lx2 and I am happy that I'm having it. This is a Lancero so I was kind of skeptical on how powerful the ligero wrap may be. Much to my surprise the start of the cigar was not overpowering. Strong...but not too strong. Initially the first flavor I caught was chocolate.

This did not last long before I started picking up the spice and strength of the cigar. One thing I have noticed is that some of the flavors are very similar to a 262 Paradigm I smoke a couple of weeks ago.

this cigar is pretty full bodied even for me. The burn has been fairly even throughout however the draw was initially a bit too tight for the first inch or so. Since then it has been better and very consistent. I do believe I will revisit this cigar later down the road but in a different vitola. I'd say this cigar ranks in my top 30 or 40
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Daniel, give them a try in the Robusto format. These are very tasty little numbers.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Doug. I think that would be just about the right size for me for this type of potent cigar.