Home Cigar 101

Cheap smokes out of humidor?

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
Hey guys!

I got one of the Po Boy samplers so I do have an excess of cheap smokes (Churchills too..) in my humi and I just got a Box of Cuba Libres in and I was wondering..

Should I keep the Cuba Libres in their box for now and take the cheap smokes out of my humi? I really would like to know the effects of keeping the cigars in the box vs humi.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Unless you can fit the box in your humidor, take the singles out of the box and put them in your humidor. Your cheaper smokes that you aren't as worried about can be kept in a tupperware container, or a gallon ziplock with a water pillow or Boveda pack (Boveda preferred since it releases and absorbs humidity as needed with more precision) and while CCom doesn't use or sell Boveda, your B&M probably has them.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What he said?
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    I really would like to know the effects of keeping the cigars in the box vs humi.
    In times like these I figure I can either assume too much or too little of the knowledge base of the person who asked the question. I think assuming too much is far more harmful. So...

I think Doc thought you were asking whether you should put the box in the humidor or take the sticks out first. It sounds to me like you're asking whether you can just leave the cigars in the box, outside of humidification. You can't, because that box does not control humidity in any way. It contains no humidification source and does not keep humidity from escaping. Only a humidor or reasonable facsimile (as doc suggested; tupperware, ziploc, cooler, etc) will do that. In short, you need to find nice humidity controlled homes for all of your sticks, boxed or otherwise.

If you can't, I'm sure someone can give you the address of a good home for them...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • docbp87:
    Unless you can fit the box in your humidor, take the singles out of the box and put them in your humidor. Your cheaper smokes that you aren't as worried about can be kept in a tupperware container, or a gallon ziplock with a water pillow or Boveda pack (Boveda preferred since it releases and absorbs humidity as needed with more precision) and while CCom doesn't use or sell Boveda, your B&M probably has them.

Actually, c.com does carry them under humidification: http://www.cigar.com/accessories/viewaccessories.asp?subcatid=acc_humf
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hippiebrian:
    docbp87:
    Actually, c.com does carry them under humidification: http://www.cigar.com/accessories/viewaccessories.asp?subcatid=acc_humf
    but they dont use them in shipping.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    How long has CCOM been carrying these anyway ?!?!?! First time I have seen them here , I know they didn't use to carry them . Oh well , I guess thats why its good to look around the site a little more often .