Home Cigar 101

cigar transport

What does everyone use to transport their cigars?

To a party:
For a weekend:
On a vacation:

I was just curious to see what everyone uses. Ziplock bags? Tubes? Cases? What's most common and the best? Thanks!

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I have a 15 count Herf-a-Dor that I pretty take everywhere. I'm like an airplane...it's my little black box.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    + 1 Agreed. Have GOT to finally stop spending on sticks and pick up a dang herf-a-dor. Just would rather spend the change on a dog rocket or two instead...
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • I use a 15 ct herf also. Works perfect. Also easy to strap to the back seat of my motorcycle.
  • Very cheap to buy also
  • Yea im going to have to buy one soon. Maybe i'll ask the wife for one as a christmas gift.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10ct herfador I got in a Cohiba/Rocky Patel sampler.unless I'm packing for work then I use a tupperdor that holds 30 sticks.
  • +1 on what everyone else said. I have a 10ct that if I need to take more sticks I just leave one of the foam things out. The 10ct is big enough for me to last a good amount of time, but not to big to go in the bottom of my bag. Depending on the sticks I can get 15-20 in there without the foam divide.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if a Herf-a-dor comes through the Sprint Sale, but if it does and anyone can snag it for significantly less than MSRP, PM me and I will gladly pay for it and shipping if there are any takers. If not, no worries whatsoever my brothers, just trying to use the noggin and not the pocketbook.

Not trying to thread jack at all btw, just thought it might be a decent idea to throw out there while we are on topic.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I too need to just get off maw backside and get one. Too many times I have said "damn, wished I had one right about now.." Just would be great for fishing, camping, golfing, at work in between banks, or just heading to buddies house.Thinking the 10 would be nice but if traveling abroad and need more room...better get the 15.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Herf a dor with a water pillow tossed in it. Perfect for travel and short term storage. Never failed me.

I may pick up one of the new 40 count herf a dors on my next order.

you can use a ziplock with a water pillow too, but I'd put it inside a tupperware container just to protect the cigars from damage. You gotta remember to open it up and let em get some air doing it that way, too.
  • Picked up a 10 count and use one slot for a humidifier. I also have a three cigar leather case that goes wth me everywhere.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case anyone is interested you can get a deal on both at the sister site. If you go there and do a search for "Herf-a-dor combo" you can basically buy a herf-a-dor and get free sticks or vise-vera, however you wanna look at it. Some good deals though for sure.
  • I would call/email tim or kelly and say I want these sticks and a 10/15 count what kind of deal can you do. Always great deals and you get sticks you like/want to try.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    party: 5 ct Xikar travel case
    Weekend: 10 ct cigar caddy
    vacation: 15 count herf-a-dor.

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I need this also but here's my delima....theeeeee combos i want r $$$$$$$. I want the herfs don't get me wrong for on the move but i also like what comes with it. God of Fire 5 CT. Herf Combo, and the 10 CT. Herf Combo of Cohiba, Rocky Patel....
  • kuzi16:
    party: 5 ct Xikar travel case
    Weekend: 10 ct cigar caddy
    vacation: 15 count herf-a-dor.

Thank you sir, and all that replied.