Home General Discussion

Humidor purchase.

Quality Imports Milano Glasstop Humidor or Cuban Crafters Presidente Dos Glasstop Humidor? Anybody have any experience with these and what was it like?

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my two cents, but looked at the pics and a little research on the company. The Cuban Crafters looks much more well constructed, and I like the company a bit better (seems more willing to stand behind their product IMHO). The fact that the Cuban has two discrete hinges, piano and the classic humidor hinge, also puts my mind at ease more. Seems like either way you couldn't go wrong, but for nearly the same price, stick with the company and construction that seems "nicer". But hey, both look like quality pieces, just like the Cuban Crafters better.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    I like the CC better myself.But have seen the Quality Import version at a local B&M. When I lifted the lid about an inch and dropped it it seem to slow and close softly for about the last 1/4" or so.Almost like those self closing drawers.It was heavy and felt pretty sturdy.I just wonder if they are all built of that quality. Or was it a fluke? Not being able to put my hands on them online I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I own 2 Cuban crafters humidors and love them, they are well made and maintain great Rh
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    I own 2 Cuban crafters humidors and love them, they are well made and maintain great Rh
    +1, I have a CC and it has been a nice box
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Gonna pull the trigger and go for the CC.Thanks for the input.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Congrats! Once you have it up and running, post some pictures please.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    RampMonkey:
    Congrats! Once you have it up and running, post some pictures please.
    Yes! I'm a fiend for pics.