Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel X-Outs

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
A while back, someone told me which of Patel's X-Outs (Liga "A", Liga "B", etc.) was which cigar. One was the Sun grown, one was the Old World, etc. but I don't remember which was which and I seem to have misplaced the scrap of paper I wrote it on. If anyone out there can fill me in, I promise not to lose my notes this time.
Thanks a lot.
Marty

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    A is Edge. B is Sun Grown. C is Olde World Reserve. D is Decade. E is Indian Tabac Super Fuerte. I think these are the best deal in the world.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Are you sure Jetmech? Someone else on here said the C was the old World...
    Thats also what i said.....:)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Is that your final answer?

I picked up some of the Liga A and C, the A's were a bit dry and the wrapper exploded and unraveled when I tired it, the C maduro torpedo was over-humidified and didn't taste right, draw right or stay lit very well. I've got high hopes once they stabilize, but as for right now, the jury is still out.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    A is Edge. B is Sun Grown. C is Olde World Reserve. D is Decade. E is Indian Tabac Super Fuerte. I think these are the best deal in the world.

Great!! Thanks very much, Jetmech. I really appreciate it.
    Marty

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Haha, The power of the "Edit" button! aint it great!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Jetmech_63:
    Is that your final answer?

I picked up some of the Liga A and C, the A's were a bit dry and the wrapper exploded and unraveled when I tired it, the C maduro torpedo was over-humidified and didn't taste right, draw right or stay lit very well. I've got high hopes once they stabilize, but as for right now, the jury is still out.
    OK, make that two of the Liga A that bombed. I think I must have gotten a bad bundle, cracks like there don't just form, they were made with a drop or some rough handling...time to inspect them all.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Jetmech_63:

Great!! Thanks very much, Jetmech. I really appreciate it.
    Marty

So is the general consensus that this is accurate? I just want to make sure before I make an order.

"Long ashes my friends."

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I just asked for the Decade Seconds and got them. They are all in great shape, smoked one two days ago (two days after I got them in) and it was pretty much perfect. A few of them have sun/water spots which are a little more noticeable due to the darkness of the wrapper, but other than that, I can't find anything wrong with them. And I second Jet, they are the best deal there is.
    Did you get them from ccom? Because those things are a royal **** to find
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    They aren't hard to find using Google ;) I get them regularly - you DO need to let them acclimate for a while, and giving them 6 months makes a huge improvement.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Did you get them from ccom? Because those things are a royal **** to find
    I did, called them last week and got 10 of the Torpedos. I smoked one a couple of days ago, it was just as good as any other Decade I have had.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Patel...if you like the Edge, the seconds are every bit as good as the first runs. I got a box many moons back for $40 and would do so again in a heartbeat----just throwing that out there.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I just got a bundle of the Edge Maduro for $32 :)
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    kaelaria:
    I just got a bundle of the Edge Maduro for $32 :)
    And you sir are a lucky man!!:)