Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

La Differencia Cubana

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any body tried these yet? I just picked up a fiver for 7$ figured unless they really sucked they would be a good deal. Well I was pleasantly surprised it turned out to be a pretty nice smoke. It's nothing to look at but it's got a good burn and a pretty nice flavor for a mild smoke and picks up a little intensity about halfway thru. I think I'll let the rest set for a month and see how they do but I'll definitely buy em again especially if I can get them at that price.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    For what they are, I've got nothing bad to say about them. Would I buy them for myself?, probably not, but I'd smoke one if it was offered to me.
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a box from the sister site when they were on close out for $19.99 a few years back. Ended up giving dam near all of them away, too mild for me; the 5 Vegas Gold is miles ahead and in the same range. Gurka Park Ave is another with much more flavor and a small price tag. I'd venture to guess that the ones you got have been sitting for years, probably 5 or more. They were made by Hendrik "Henke" Kelner some time ago from what I remember. Age might be a negative factor in this instance, I'd smoke them up if it were I. Just my $0.02 anyway.
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007:
    Got a box from the sister site when they were on close out for $19.99 a few years back. Ended up giving dam near all of them away, too mild for me; the 5 Vegas Gold is miles ahead and in the same range. Gurka Park Ave is another with much more flavor and a small price tag. I'd venture to guess that the ones you got have been sitting for years, probably 5 or more. They were made by Hendrik "Henke" Kelner some time ago from what I remember. Age might be a negative factor in this instance, I'd smoke them up if it were I. Just my $0.02 anyway.
    That might be the case. They were supposed to be 7 years old. They were one of the mildest sticks I've had but I really liked the flavor. But that might have been from the scotch I was drinking.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I like these. Like all mild cigars you have to be in the right mood to enjoy them because they are so subtle and soft. I thought the Kelner style showed through with these and I've likened them to a working man's AVO.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    I like these. Like all mild cigars you have to be in the right mood to enjoy them because they are so subtle and soft. I thought the Kelner style showed through with these and I've likened them to a working man's AVO.
    That's exactly why I got them. Someone told me that same thing and I really enjoyed the AVO but I never seem to catch a good deal on them so he recomended these.