Home Ratings & Reviews

Ccom Primeros--Follow up

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Has anyone on here ever smoked one of the short filler Primeros they are pushing so hard on Sprint Sale?

Comments

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Has anyone on here ever smoked one of the short filler Primeros they are pushing so hard on Sprint Sale?
    Nope but I bought the variety pack 5 of each, I figure at less than a buck a stick, if they suck then I can compost them.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I don't think they're short filler are they?

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    No where in the description do they say long filler. That led me to that assumption. I could be wrong on that.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've smoked them all, most are so-so, but, I have to say that for me the Costa Ricans are way more than worth the money. I liked the first batch of "Cubans" that I got, but after that the next couple mazos weren't so hot. I think the Costa Ricans are actually long filler, and probably better than most of the "house-blends".
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Thanks Amos for the feedback. I bit on the 25 sampler for about $1 a piece on the Sprint Sale to try them out.
  • Let us know what you think of them once you have smoked a few.
    rossdavey2:
    Let us know what you think of them once you have smoked a few.
    I will do it
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been curious about these to as I'm always on the lookout for some cheap smokes that don't suck.Under 2$ a stick. So far I've found 2 I like but want more of a variety for taking to the boat with me.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    rossdavey2:
    Let us know what you think of them once you have smoked a few.
    I will do it
    Awesome, been looking at that for a very long time, had a Costa Rican friend that would only smoke Cigars from his country and if I hadn't been 13 at the time I'm sure he would have given me one. Look forward to your feedback on them Sir.
    These cigars are all short filler. They are strictly yard gars. Do not buy them for anything other than that.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    These cigars are all short filler. They are strictly yard gars. Do not buy them for anything other than that.
    Yikes! I'd assumed you were expecting something of the "yard 'gar" quality level. Watched the next Costa Rican I smoked, you're right, short filler. With that said, I still like them for what they are. Nice wrapper, pretty good flavor (to me, anyway) and I can light one up while working on something in the shop, or driving somewhere, and not feel bad if I have to walk away from it. It is what it is.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Actually Amos I have smoked all 5 versions and they were downright awful! I expected a little more than that.