Home Ratings & Reviews

need opinions...

Ok, I have never been one to really try house blends but I am thinking of ordering some of the Red Labels.  I love a good Maduro and my go to's are normally Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 or Arturo Fuente 8-5-8.  My question is how would the Red Labels compare to these?  Or, if you have any suggestions that would be at least comparable without the price tag.

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Hi brother, welcome to the forum. Red labels are damn nice, great flavor. I would also try the Grand Habano 2002, one of my fav budget sticks with a maduro wraper. also a new fav of mine is the 1844. Killer price on a box of thies, just call CCOM and ask them what they can do for you. Again, welcome to the jungle.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    For the price, you can't beat the Red label. Nice maduro wrapper. Remember, not all dark wrappers are maduro (2 fermentation sequences). The Gran Habano 2000, for instance, isn't really a muduro. The wrapper was aged for 7 years, but there was only one fermentation. None the less, its one of my favorite wrapper.
    I like the La Aroma de Cuba Mi amor for maduro, but not really a bargain cigar. I also like the 8-5-8.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    It was mentioned but I'll have to second the 1844, I smoke this stick & i think its a 10 dollar stick easily. Just delicious. I need to get a 2nd box to store away too, this reminds me.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried the 1844 but after Brett and Blurr's recommendations I will HAVE to try one sometime soon! Thanks guys! -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Haven't tried the 1844 but after Brett and Blurr's recommendations I will HAVE to try one sometime soon! Thanks guys! -- Brett
    Yep you gotta try them out...I ran out, but what do ya know RCY Cigars just hooked me up with another last week....would like to through in that if your looking for a budget stick....grab some Obsidions...I was able to get a box for under $2.00 a stick....nice everyday smoke for me anyway as russhed as I am all the time...
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CvilleE:
    90+ Irishman:
    Yep you gotta try them out...I ran out, but what do ya know RCY Cigars just hooked me up with another last week....would like to through in that if your looking for a budget stick....grab some Obsidions...I was able to get a box for under $2.00 a stick....nice everyday smoke for me anyway as russhed as I am all the time...
    Tried an Est. 1844 yesterday, really impressive especially considering the price point! Not my fav full flavored, but when I look at what I can get them for, they quickly rise through the ranks. The Obisidan (new release that is) is a stick that I have really been intrigued by, but hasn't landed in my box yet, so we shall see lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."