Home Cigar 101

How/Where can I learn more about rolling my own?

I've been smoking for about 20 years now and I want to start rolling my own.  I can't seem to find a whole lot of info on the subject?  Has anyone out there come across a resource I should check out?

Thanks,

Grey

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    greydarrah:
    I've been smoking for about 20 years now and I want to start rolling my own.  I can't seem to find a whole lot of info on the subject?  Has anyone out there come across a resource I should check out?

Thanks,

Grey
    I don't know grey, I'd leave it to the professionals. I mean, they do such a fine job. I don't know a single smoker that rolls their own.. Where would you get the top quality tobacco ?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    greydarrah:

Thanks,

Grey
    I don't know grey, I'd leave it to the professionals. I mean, they do such a fine job. I don't know a single smoker that rolls their own.. Where would you get the top quality tobacco ?
    Well, if you take apart three cigars, one with an awesome wrapper, another with a killer binder and yet a third with an amazing filler, you can combine them into one super cigar. :D
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    if the passion is there, I would bet that the best way to learn how is to learn from those doing it. Spend some time with those who do it for a living, blending, rolling...all of the above.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    if the passion is there, I would bet that the best way to learn how is to learn from those doing it. Spend some time with those who do it for a living, blending, rolling...all of the above.
    I've seen what was touted as " rolling seminars" where there are blenders and rollers from top makers who discuss their craft. Then, let you try your hand at some fresh rolled sticks. If I see this turn up again I'll post it. I think It was at CA's anual "Big" event held at various cities some time over the summer.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    There's a scene in "Shenandoah" where Jimmy Stewart is sitting on his porch rolling one. That's the best I can do.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Out here in Sacramento, theres a couple of spots where they blend and roll all of their own cigars. I've been to one, and they're a bunch of really nice guys. I bet if you frequented a place like that, they'd eventually let you try rolling your own. I think that would be a start.
  • WWW.COFFINNAILS.COM

google coffinnails tobacco forums, it talks about growing, curing, and rolling your own cigars. I personally grow my own tobacco, and roll cigars. There's alot to it, but once you get going it's an interesting hobby.