Home Cigar 101

Cigars and Hottubs

I know in the movies they show the "playboy" types in a hottub with a cigar and usually 3 or 4 beautiful women, but has anyone actually had a cigar in a hottub? Does the water vapor make the cigar to moist? do the chemicals in the water make the cigar taste bad?

Just a thought...

LowSpark

Comments

• wrobowrobo Posts: 9
    I am more like the "doughboy" type in the hot tub with 3 or 4 ugly women ;-) Cigars in a hot tub, my opinion, are no different than a cigar on the deck in the summer. Tastes the same - smokes the same. A cigar should be smoked to relax, and the hot tub is a great place to relax.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I regularly (year round) smoke in my hot tub which is on my deck....no water vapor problems at all...no taste diff. at all ....I don't know if the tub was enclosed if that matters or not. I love to relax , unwind after a long or stressful day, with a good cigar and usually a nice tumbler of rum or bourbon and like I stated mine is outside so plenty of air and no problems...one of my favorite places to light up.
  • awesome thanks guys...now i need 4 beautiful women...hmmm...might have to leave missouri for this one
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Don't have a hot tub at home, but I've burned at hotels before. The few problems that I have there is the fact is that there are usually other people there...and more times than not they're not smoking. So I always try to find a time when the spa is empty cause I try and not smoke when others are around (except my girl...lucky for me she doesn't mind the smoke)

Another problem that I had was keeping my hands dry. I guess if you keep a towel close, that shouldn't be to big of a prob.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    what are you doing with your hands under the water... and can't you just use one hand?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    what are you doing with your hands under the water... and can't you just use one hand?
    Maybe his girl is a fighter and he has to use both hands to keep her head under long enough for him to finish! LMAO

I'm thinkin' this may be a hot tub night with some rum or bourbon and a good smoke-should not be that cold at home-need to relax after this week

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    Maybe his girl is a fighter and he has to use both hands to keep her head under long enough for him to finish! LMAO
    lol, I'm remembering a scene from the last boyscout!
    Back on topic, I've smoked a few cigars in a hot-tub and enjoyed it. Never had 4 girls in one at the same time, did have 2 but they weren't naked... Have had one naked before.. But hey 4 naked would be fantastic, though I wouldn't want to share =)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    But hey 4 naked would be fantastic, though I wouldn't want to share =)
    I'd think 4 would be thoroughly exhausting. Fun yes, but man I almost don't envy the guy trying to please them all. :)

I've only tried one cigar in a hot tub, it wouldn't light well or stay lit, I'm guessing due to the steam. I would rather chill in the tub then have a relaxing cigar afterward.

j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'd think 4 would be thoroughly exhausting. Fun yes, but man I almost don't envy the guy trying to please them all. :)

I've only tried one cigar in a hot tub, it wouldn't light well or stay lit, I'm guessing due to the steam. I would rather chill in the tub then have a relaxing cigar afterward.

May have just been a coincidence j0z3r, I have never had a problem lighting one in a hottub. And honestly I've proably lit between 100-200 in there. My deck is about 12 foot off the grounf so pretty private. It also has deck rail on two sides which is good for holding towels,cigar,lighters,bourbon,rum,mixers ....well you get the picture. Give it another chance if you wish I think it may have just been a bum stick.

gmill880:

j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:

May have just been a coincidence j0z3r, I have never had a problem lighting one in a hottub. And honestly I've proably lit between 100-200 in there. My deck is about 12 foot off the grounf so pretty private. It also has deck rail on two sides which is good for holding towels,cigar,lighters,bourbon,rum,mixers ....well you get the picture. Give it another chance if you wish I think it may have just been a bum stick.

herf @ gene's house!
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:

j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:

herf @ gene's house!

shwweet!!!

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Cool. I'll be there this weekend for an undisclosed amount of time. I'll just bring my humidor along. :)

j0z3r:
    Cool. I'll be there this weekend for an undisclosed amount of time. I'll just bring my humidor along. :)

Bring us a big dose of that sunny california sunshine too ....looks like a coupla snowy days up on the mtn.....

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Oh, you're on a mountain. Now I understand why it's so much colder there than here.

urbino:
    Oh, you're on a mountain. Now I understand why it's so much colder there than here.

we are supposed to get about 4-6 inches snow next 24 hours at work....yea i work about 40 miles from home on top of a mtn.....will be a nasty day tommorow for sure

• jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I cant recall if I have smoked a cigar in the hot tub or not.. probly not. but I have smoked a cigar in the pool in pheonix in august, thats almost a hot tub, lol.