Home Ratings & Reviews

tat fausto

ok- this tat was to much for me. super strong imo. i tossed it at bit b4 1/2 way. certainly powerful, to powerful for me. wow

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah... its supposed to be the same exact blend as the T110 that came out a few years ago. the "T" stood for "thermonuclear" so the fact that this thing was strong is no joke.

i have two of those guys (fousto) in my humidor from my trip to nicaragua. to be honest, im a bit afraid of this thing given its reputation.
    maybe ill make sure im hydrated then have a huge meal with a sugary dessert and have at it.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    lol- yah nuclear is right. i grabbed it at our shop. i tried it because i read bluerings review a while back here, he didnt mention it being a man killer.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    reading this I can't wait ti try mine. I'll let it age tho.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried one of these yet, but it sounds right up my alley actually. Going to have to put it on the list. Thanks JPS, and sorry that it wasn't your deal... if you have extras and want to get rid of them, shoot me a PM and I'll send you some sticks to make a deal.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Adding this to my must try list...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I didn't think the cigar was all that fantastic. I have several that will be in the humi for several months but there wasn't a lot of flavor, sort of one dimensional. I did like the t110 and some of that is tasted in this stick but my overall impression was this cigar was one of the weaker tats I've had. Oh, the burn was bad too. Again, could have been just a bad stick too. And those of you who are afraid to smoke it for its strength, its not that bad, the rex was stronger. However make sure you have eaten first, that will help.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had one at the Pete Johnson event at my Local B&M a couple months ago, the rep asked what I liked and I said stronger cigars so he lit up a Fausto for me and I sat there and smoked it. Really good cigar, I numbed it (Don't do that too often) and all I had was a couple Miller Lite's with it and it was after work.

Long story, it was good, I wasn't hydrated and I met Pete Johnson... I have two more resting and waiting!
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    i enjoy mild to full not butt kickers. i stop b4 i get green i dont care what i pay for the stick. i was starting to get that tingly feeling in my head and gut, i was done then i only bought one.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    picked one up and it's resting. I may have to try this. I heard good things about the T110 so this is even more interesting to me now.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Lasabar:
    I had one at the Pete Johnson event at my Local B&M a couple months ago, the rep asked what I liked and I said stronger cigars so he lit up a Fausto for me and I sat there and smoked it. Really good cigar, I numbed it (Don't do that too often) and all I had was a couple Miller Lite's with it and it was after work.

Long story, it was good, I wasn't hydrated and I met Pete Johnson... I have two more resting and waiting!

What did you think of Pete ?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    dennisking:
    picked one up and it's resting. I may have to try this. I heard good things about the T110 so this is even more interesting to me now.
    May be based on the T110 blend, but these pale in comparison to the T110. Nowhere near as much flavor or complexity. Also, I did not find the strength to be too overwhelming...
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:

What did you think of Pete ?
    He was cool... Not the showman like Rocky Patel is... He stayed outside mainly with the owner while he was cooking brats and hot dogs. Not the socialite, but he signed my box and shook my hand...

He also reminds me of Jesse James with all his tats... Great guy, though

The guy he brought with him though, was a true salesman and a talker, that guy kicked ace!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    pete has to be in the mood for people. he also does better in small groups.

he has quite the arsenal of dirty jokes. a few of my friends and I spent a good evening with him on the roof of our hotel in Nicaragua. hes good people.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I felt the Fausto was good but not stellar. It did seem tight and slightly muddled. I didn't feel it was too strong but did feel the cigar needs time for the flavors to develop.

I second that on Pete being a really cool guy but a bit quiet and doesn't like the limelight.
    docbp87:
    dennisking:
    May be based on the T110 blend, but these pale in comparison to the T110. Nowhere near as much flavor or complexity. Also, I did not find the strength to be too overwhelming...
    good to know. I wasn't worried but more intrigued to have a taste similar to the T110 which I will probably never get to try. damn you Pete and your unobtainable awesome sticks
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Anyone with access to Faustos? Haven't tried one yet. Can't seem to find them at my outlets. I'll trade.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    beatnic:
    Anyone with access to Faustos? Haven't tried one yet. Can't seem to find them at my outlets. I'll trade.
    PM sent
    beatnic:
    My B&M should have plenty... Let me know if you need help
    Lasabar:
    beatnic:
    That's weird though, My B&M always has some crazy stuff...

Always has Ashton VSG and ESG, Always has Liga Pigs, Rats and no. 9s, always base Tatuaje stuff, Padron Anny anything, etc...

I guess I'm spoiled, or my fellow citizens are dumb
    yeah, mine is like that as well. Padron 45 maddy and natural always in stock, LFD Factory Press, Camacho Liberty, VSG and ESG. it's kinda weird. the other B&M i frequent always has Tat El Triunfador OG Lanceros in stock. guess everyone is stupid where I live as well.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I get the feeling from the different shop owners that they each have issues with certain suppliers. Some favs, some not. Also, some are just totally out of touch with what's new that they are missing out on getting some good deals. They just seem to accept what the reps send. When I bring up a cigar, they shrug their shoulders and say they'll work on getting it. And some are just snobs and want to tell you what you should buy.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:
    beatnic:
    That's weird though, My B&M always has some crazy stuff...

Always has Ashton VSG and ESG, Always has Liga Pigs, Rats and no. 9s, always base Tatuaje stuff, Padron Anny anything, etc...

I guess I'm spoiled, or my fellow citizens are dumb
    Wait wait wait wait wait.... they have the Flying Pigs???? How much???
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."