Home Non Cigar Related

Tampa

So I got a few weeks of work down in Tampa. I will go out monday through Friday. It will be tough being away from the wife and baby, but we need the money. It will make Christmas a little easier. I don't know where we are staying, but it is nex to a beach.
Anyone know of a good B+M that is not to fancy? The reason being I will most likely run there from the hotel, smoke then run back. So a B+M that won't look down on a sweaty guy, near a shop or gas station so I can get a powerade or something, and a good selection of decent priced sticks.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    So I got a few weeks of work down in Tampa. I will go out monday through Friday. It will be tough being away from the wife and baby, but we need the money. It will make Christmas a little easier. I don't know where we are staying, but it is nex to a beach.
    Anyone know of a good B+M that is not to fancy? The reason being I will most likely run there from the hotel, smoke then run back. So a B+M that won't look down on a sweaty guy, near a shop or gas station so I can get a powerade or something, and a good selection of decent priced sticks.

Can't tell you where to go but I can tell you where NOT to go - that cigar outfit whose name shall never be mentioned and which starts with a "T" has an outlet store not far from the airport. It would be a major waste of time to go there, not to mention the fact that the rest of us BOTL's would probably have you tarred and feathered and ousted from our beloved CCOM forum. (just kidding about that last part)
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Ybor City is cigar heaven... Tampa Sweethearts, which is owned by Arturo Fuente Jr. is the place to go for their stuff. While in Ybor, eat at Columbia, which is a world famous Spanish Cuban restaurant. Also eat at Bern's Steakhouse, which is easily one of the best steakhouses in America. They just do it differently, and it is killer...
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • docbp87:
    Ybor City is cigar heaven... Tampa Sweethearts, which is owned by Arturo Fuente Jr. is the place to go for their stuff. While in Ybor, eat at Columbia, which is a world famous Spanish Cuban restaurant. Also eat at Bern's Steakhouse, which is easily one of the best steakhouses in America. They just do it differently, and it is killer...
    ^THIS, i went for vacation last summer, went to Tampa Sweethearts a number of times and talked to Mr. Fuente and learned alot of good stuff. he also suggested to me to eat at Columbia which i did and it was awesome.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Ybor is a lot of fun during the day and most of the night, but it's also a big 'alternative' hangout a few hours after dark (read: punks, lowlifes, people with nothing to lose). If you go, just remember that nothing good ever happens in Ybor after midnight

My personal favorite B&M is Tampa Humidor; nice chairs, tv, internet, coffee, beer, wine, etc - great place to spend a weekend

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Growin up in FL I can give a huge +1 to Columbia, also visit la Tropicana if you can, Ybor is awesome it's where I smoked my first real gar with my old man and probably the start of this great hobby
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, I lived in Tampa as a kid, and my father continued to work there until I was in my late teens, so I spent a lot of summers there. My old man and my brother still travel down there a few times a year to eat at Columbia and Berns and see a few Rays or Lightning games.