Home Non Cigar Related

Gamer Thread MW3/BF3

So not sure if anyone else here plays console games like Black Ops or anything... With Battlefield 3 coming out tomorrow and Modern Warfare 3 on the 8th. Im debating is it worth buying both or just waiting for MW3... Which one do you think will be better?

Comments

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    I use to play BF now I play COD. A buddy of mine played the demo of BF and sad it was good but the controls are so different that you couldt play both with the same level switching back and forth. I'm personally going to wait and get MW3. I'm hoping it is an improvement over Black Ops, I really liked MW2.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    TapeWormZ:
    So not sure if anyone else here plays console games like Black Ops or anything... With Battlefield 3 coming out tomorrow and Modern Warfare 3 on the 8th. Im debating is it worth buying both or just waiting for MW3... Which one do you think will be better?
    I hate all BF games, I will get MW# for sure, but not for awhile as I hate spending the $ on them.

PS3 or crapbox?
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    BF is going to change FPS from what I hear. It is supposed to be much more realistic than MW. Don't get me wrong I love my MW (I have perfect achievements for all MF) but my friend said he went to a Gamers Con in Las Vegas. He said that people were playing BF and switched to the MW demo and quit it immediately and went back to BF. I guess we will find out tomorrow! Whats everyone's Xbox GamerTag? Mine is djbeenie.
    djbeenie:
    BF is going to change FPS from what I hear. It is supposed to be much more realistic than MW. Don't get me wrong I love my MW (I have perfect achievements for all MF) but my friend said he went to a Gamers Con in Las Vegas. He said that people were playing BF and switched to the MW demo and quit it immediately and went back to BF. I guess we will find out tomorrow! Whats everyone's Xbox GamerTag? Mine is djbeenie.
    unless they changed everything about BF's mechanics I will not like it. I am a PS guy.... id deejmemixx
  • My xbox username is TapeWormZ... yea i played the demo for BF3.. i love the Cod games. but recently i am tired of playing blackops.. I bought home front couple months ago... that was a huge disappointment. there is also Halo 1 remake coming out.... i enjoyed the first 2 halo series then it all went downhill.. i only enjoy playing the campaign on it now. The thing i liked about BF3 is that you have the option to get in vehicles such as fighter jets etc... I don't like spending money on games either but already paid for the preorder on MW3 and have a gift card to Best Buy so i was just thinking of buying BF3 or Forza 4.. i like racing games but after while u put it on the shelf and not play it to often...
    TapeWormZ:
    My xbox username is TapeWormZ... yea i played the demo for BF3.. i love the Cod games. but recently i am tired of playing blackops.. I bought home front couple months ago... that was a huge disappointment. there is also Halo 1 remake coming out.... i enjoyed the first 2 halo series then it all went downhill.. i only enjoy playing the campaign on it now. The thing i liked about BF3 is that you have the option to get in vehicles such as fighter jets etc... I don't like spending money on games either but already paid for the preorder on MW3 and have a gift card to Best Buy so i was just thinking of buying BF3 or Forza 4.. i like racing games but after while u put it on the shelf and not play it to often...
    Not to mention BF3 you can destroy the environment which makes the game more realistic. Blackops and WAW was created by a different company Treyarch, which I can't stand their games (insanely difficult, and their controls are not smooth). COD, COD2, COD4MW, CODMW2 and CODMW3 are done by Infinity Ward which are the best games in my opinion. So I am really looking forward to MW3. I picked up BF3 today, so I will see how it is.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    BF3 looks way better to me. I'm picking it up for the pc, and I may pick up MW3 on the xbox as I have friends that play it on there.
    Just played BF3 and its way better than BF2 and BF. The new engine is just beautiful.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm a mostly PC/TF2 player, so I'm just gonna wait for reviews for which one to get; whichever I choose to buy at retail, I'll pick up the other one in 6mo when it's being sold for $20 (if work keeps killing me, I'll just buy both in 6mo when they're on a Steam weekend deal)
    xmacro:
    I'm a mostly PC/TF2 player, so I'm just gonna wait for reviews for which one to get; whichever I choose to buy at retail, I'll pick up the other one in 6mo when it's being sold for $20 (if work keeps killing me, I'll just buy both in 6mo when they're on a Steam weekend deal)
    TF2 FTW m/
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'll be getting MW3. I was gonna get both but then realized that it'd be pointless because in 2 weeks I'll totally forget about BF3 lol
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I will be getting MW3 for Ps3. i always look forward to call of duty every other year. black ops sucked.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I'll be shelling out for MW3 when it comes out on the 8th. I still play MW2 multiplayer, I just could never get into the multiplayer of Black Ops, which felt really clunky to me. The campaign in MW2 was SO much better than Black Ops, as well. I play on the PS3....my handle is the same as on here.
  • Ok so i had a gift card to best buy for 50$ so i went yesterday and bought BF3 since i have already paid an preordered MW3 couple months ago.. Got home and started to play it. Got in 1 match... and then it started. Stupid..#$&$& servers went down.... so far the next hour all i could play was campaign... finally came back up it was fun, wasn't bad wasn't good.. then around 930 central the damn servers went down again.. its complete BS. i buy a game to not be able to play WTF.. i was pissed. But ill post back in a couple of days to let you know how it turns out
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I've got a copy of MW3 reserved, never been much of a BF fan. I play on ps3 username= dannyforreal13, haven't played any cod in months so I'll probably be pretty terrible when I start again.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Todays the day. mine should be at my door by the time i wake up.. but if anyone wants to add me on ps3 my name is exeqtion
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Didn't know we have a thread here for this. MW3 is what I'll be playing on PS3. Currently play three games and this will be at the top for sure.

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Didn't know we have a thread here for this. MW3 is what I'll be playing on PS3. Currently play three games and this will be at the top for sure.

Yeah this is the first time I read this thread also...The Kid bumped another Video Game thread recently making me notice there are some fan boyz on the site afterall....I've gonna have them both soon, both on XBOX 360....have a PS3 also, but don't play it much...it appears to only be good for streaming Netflix....lol.
    CvilleE:
    RCY Cigars:

Yeah this is the first time I read this thread also...The Kid bumped another Video Game thread recently making me notice there are some fan boyz on the site afterall....I've gonna have them both soon, both on XBOX 360....have a PS3 also, but don't play it much...it appears to only be good for streaming Netflix....lol.

Lol, that's what I use my XBOX for. Watching movies with my son, lol. I play my sports games on XBOX and everything else on PS3.

RCY Cigars:
    CvilleE:
    RCY Cigars:

Lol, that's what I use my XBOX for. Watching movies with my son, lol. I play my sports games on XBOX and everything else on PS3.

I'm getting MW3 next week. My schedule this week won't allow me to play it and get any sleep so I'm waiting. PS3 for life!
    ENFIDL:
    RCY Cigars:
    CvilleE:
    RCY Cigars:

I'm getting MW3 next week. My schedule this week won't allow me to play it and get any sleep so I'm waiting. PS3 for life!

E, your on PS3? PM incoming....

RCY Cigars:
    ENFIDL:
    RCY Cigars:
    CvilleE:
    RCY Cigars:

You better believe it! I have all the platforms but I rock the PS3. I refuse to pay to play online
  • Ok..ill be on my way to get my mw3 as soon as i get off today...Xbox is the way... yea i know you have to pay to play but i personally like the controls and the interface better on xbox plus teaming up with your friends etc... As far as my reviews for BF3.. works been crazy but last weekend i got to fully indulge in the game, before i put it on the shelf for MW3. BF3 is ok... here is what i like about it.. 1. Its realistic... for example bullets have bullet drop etc.. so you can't just sit there and put your crosshairs on someone and know your gonna hit them..(goes for AA guns you have to shoot ahead.. "travel time" 2. Vehicles... flying the apache and hornet helicopters are fun as hell... though i haven't been able to hit squat in them. Dislikes. 1. First week servers went down. 2. Still happens once daily.. Game freezes the only way to get out of it is to restart.. which you lose ur stats.. 3. Normal game mode (hardcore option) at point blank you can empty a clip into someone and somehow they manage to kill you. 4. I have to get up and put a dif disk in to play campaign... don't you know I'm lazy! 5. in CoD you chat with team mates etc.. nobody works as a team at all. its completely quiet during the game. unless ur party with ur friends. So you can say Battlefield 3 is ok.. its something to play when i want to take a break from MW3. Ill update yal on my experience with MW.. unfortunately it seems that most of yal are PS3 owners.. I'm sorry i just hate the controls on a PS3... i still have the first generation xbox.. i have a ps3 never turned it on in the last 3 years. lol If your on xbox add me TapeWormZ... Also does anyone here play PC games?
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    All I know it's gonna be cold playing MW in the garage so I can smoke a cigar and play at the same time
    ENFIDL:
    RCY Cigars:
    ENFIDL:
    RCY Cigars:
    CvilleE:
    RCY Cigars:

You better believe it! I have all the platforms but I rock the PS3. I refuse to pay to play online
    This is why PSN network was hacked so many times, lack of fund to have a security team to pentest the network to proactively secure the PSN network. :) I don't mind paying Xbox fees, its what 60 bucks a year and its never been hacked.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I'm picking up MW3 for PS3 on my way home from work. Should be on later tonight. If anyone is interested in teaming up on multiplayer or spec ops, my Playstation ID is....wait for it....y2pascoe.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I play xbox 360 , used to be a ps2 guy
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Picked up BF3 for the pc. Freaking amzing graphics on ultra. The games if a good time as well. MW3 I may get but for the 360, graphics are not nearly as good as BF3. I hate how they keep using the same fing engine. But with the new zelda and saints row coming out I may just pass on MW3.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    For me personally, Battlefield 3 is the way to go if you have friends online or if you just prefer good teamplay. With two or three decent friends that actually know how to coordinate and spot targets, your squad will wipe out a lot of enemies without getting swarmed. Sniping, long range tank fights, and dogfights are actually more realistic as gravity and speed will affect your rounds at long range. I play with some of my old Army buddies and we almost always end up capping all the flags on conquest and squash the other team like bugs.

However, if you just like something where one good player can change the entire game, then any of the Modern Warfare games is better suited for you.

Though if you want a game that doesn't require teamwork, compensating for recoil, and take 50 rounds to kill a person...well...go to Halo. Then again, I'm a bit biased on this subject.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up Battlefield 3 for 360 for freeeee so hit me up if you wanna play. (Vincarn is the gamertag)
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky