Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

How would you all feel about another trading game?

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
So I was thinking about yet another trading game. This one would be called " The Blind Trade".

I am kind of taking part of Smoke=Fire's idea and modifying it, and taking a bit from kuzi16's MAW game. Essentially two members would engage in a blind trade of 5 random cigars, no more no less, that will be a strict rule. And as with some of the other games, only premium, hand rolled cigars apply. You probably get the gist, but one person would ask " who would like to make a blind trade?", or something along those lines, and another member would respond, addresses would be exchanged and packages sent USPS priority.

I realize that we have a few games going already, and this community, though large enough, does not have enough active members to support too many games, but all the same I am curious as to what the rest of you guys think of this idea.

So, please give me some feedback on this idea, and if not now, then maybe we can try it when the forum is more active.

Joe

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Good idea but no one will even take my PIF so I'll stay out of here so your game might be successful, lol.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    LOL. I'd take your pif if I could. And given how the pif game moves slow at times, this one might best be held off until we get a more active base.

But fellow ccom members, how bout a little feedback so we can figure out if this is even worth pursuing?
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    The only game that I have tried to participate in is the "fun and games" game....and I like the idea, but the game seems to run very slow. There are a select few who log on everyday, and then there are some who just stop by every once in a while. I would like to see that game move along a little faster. Maybe adding another game will make the other ones slower? That's my thought.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, that's why I'm proposing the idea even though I think now would not be the best time to start with it. I think when we get at least 50-100 members that are consistently active, then the games could move along with some regularity and that would be the time to introduce this one. Like I said, i'm looking for feedback at this point in time, and I appreciate it.

Joe
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Yeah, I believe with the number of members that actively participate now, introducing another game at this time would not be a good thing.
    I agree now is not a great time, but I'm trying to figure out what everyone would think of this idea for a future game when more members are active.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea. Count me in. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro???

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey jOz3r...."wanna make a blind trade"? 
    matkn293 said:
    Necro???
    Just dusting off some old bandwidth  :D
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r said:
    I think when we get at least 50-100 members that are consistently active,........

Joe
    We still ain't ready for this idea. 
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a bad idea. Remember not all of us can afford hand rolled premiums. I'm sure like me there are members who are on a fixed income and have to smoke what they can afford. When I get a premium , it's either because Shizz sent it in a sampler or my nephew sent me a gift.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    I think this is a bad idea. Remember not all of us can afford hand rolled premiums. I'm sure like me there are members who are on a fixed income and have to smoke what they can afford. When I get a premium , it's either because Shizz sent it in a sampler or my nephew sent me a gift.
    I'm fairly certain we can correct that situation. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear @Sleddog46's low.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    I mean then don't participate in the game.  Not being a ****, but just like the secret Santa...not everything can be for everyone.  Just my 2 cents as it not being a reason for the game.  As for the others, I get it. 
    Gonna need some nachos
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I was just making a statement. I'm not looking for a handout. Really, all I wanted to say is I would love to be able to be a part of the trades and bombs but just can't do it. I really appreciate you're warm thoughts but I'm good.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Guys, I was just making a statement. I'm not looking for a handout. Really, all I wanted to say is I would love to be able to be a part of the trades and bombs but just can't do it. I really appreciate you're warm thoughts but I'm good.
    I've tried to prevent it as well, it just eggs them on. Just reinforce your mailbox and then pay it forward is my advice.  
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    There is nothing wrong with not participating.
    If you can't, don't feel obligated to.  
    I tend to be selective in what I do. Not because anyone is more deserving or better than anyone else, but because I tend to do things on impulse. Which can be bad or good, depending on how you look at it.

And being someone who has taken continuous beatings from these guys, I can agree with @CalvinAndHobo and his comment. It is inevitable. ;) 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.