Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

wwhwang

Yes, this probably could have gone in the Good Traders thread, but I wanted as many BOTL to see this as possible and will explain more on this later. So then, heres the sitch...

A few weeks back, wwhwang put up a thread in which he was looking for some help. Finances had become tight, so he was selling off some cigars to make ends meet. **** deal, but it happens sometimes and myself and several other BOTL stepped up to help him out. After holding my sticks for a couple weeks for me while I sorted thru some relationSHIT of my own, I got wwhwang's package yesterday.

A part of his response to my pm I sent after opening the package....
wwhwang:
Lol. Glad to hear everything got to you safely. And yeah, I put in some extras. The ISOM doesn't come with cellophane, but I slipped it on as half the time, uncello'd cigars get damaged in international shipping.

For those of you new(er) to the forums who havent had a lot of interaction with him, allow me to introduce you to my freind Wayne, aka wwhwang. The above quote is a perfect example of who and what Wayne is all about. Wayne has a passion for this hobby that is nearly unmatched, so for him to even CONSIDER selling off some of his collection, much less actually doing it, should tell you exactly what sort of dire financial straits he must have been in.

Regardless of that, not only does he throw in extra sticks (on a purchase mind you, not a trade where it is a much more common practice) when he needs money so bad he is SELLING his sticks, but one of those "throw-in" sticks is a freakin ISOM!

Why the extra sticks?
wwhwang:
Thought I'd try to cheer you up.
The above quote is a perfect example of who and what Wayne is all about. This guy is going thru times so rough he's selling off some of his favorite things in the world, and HE'S trying to make ME feel better!

Wayne is not NEARLY as active on the forums nowadays as he was before he moved to Canada to start his family, and thats a shame as he has always been a stellar example of what the term BOTL should mean. So new guys, anytime you get a chance to trade with, bomb, or even just pm and talk to wwhwang and get to know him, you should DEFINITELY take advantage of the opportunity.

Thanks Wayne. Doesnt seem like enough, but its all Ive got for you brother. :-)

Comments

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Wayne is a great guy and BOTL. My dealings with him have all been positive as well. Outside the forum and else where. That was a nice thing to share Sniper and a heck of exchange as usual Wayne.

• I bought some of his sticks also from that post. Could ask for a nicer guy, I told him what I was willing to spend and said just put together what you think I may like and he really hooked me up. Was willing to help a newer smoker try some different things. Excellent BOTL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wayne is an extremely giving and generous person. He was the first person I ever PM'd on here and organized my first bomb participation, which went to the Sniper. He is the epitome of a standup botl and man.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Rock on Wayne....
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing a while back to try to help out Wayne as well and he went so far over the top to be a stand up guy, he is A#1 in my book and I would be willing to do anything to help him out if I ever can. What a GREAT guy and an amazing human being! Thanks again for everything Wayne, hope all is well!! -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    wwhang is always one fo the first to welcome new guys. I remember when I joined up he was there to strike up a conversation and welcome me. He is stand up people and I hate he has hit a hard stretch
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Wayne is great peeps!