Home Non Cigar Related

I Have Mono

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
30 years old....married (faithfully) with kids.....normal job...blah bla blah. Im sure I have strep throat, because I still get it about every other year. Each time the Dr asks about Mono, and I always say...no, I dont have it.....They test and I dont have it

Fast forward to Tuesday and I go to the Dr because I think its my time for strep---------Today I get results back and I have mono!! What am I, freaking 17 years old?!?!?! 6-8 weeks of "taking it easy"...which I am totally ok with...EXCEPT, no lifting over 10lbs which means no bowling and Im in a league with a buddy and our 2 oldest sons. This....sucks.

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    damn, thats harsh. sorry to hear that man
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Wow that sucks brother! Will be praying for you
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Next you'll be getting hair in funny places and a deeper voice..
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Good things cigars are under 10 lbs.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Lol
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Stop making out with the mail lady and let her do her job !! JK follow the docs orders and get better brother. P.S they do have those house balls for kids that are like 4, 6, & 8 pounds.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Passing cigars like joints again, Vulchor? LOL.
    You'll survive. By the time you get to my age you'll have mono, dos, tres, quatro...........LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Get your tonsils removed = No more strep throat so to speak. That's where the strep is living. I hope you get better soon bro.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    best wishes for a speedy recovery bro .
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    My Volvo Tech had mono 6 months ago. Brutal. his throat was bleeding and swolen so closed he couldn't swallow his own spit. I hope you get well soon bud.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    30 years old....married (faithfully) with kids.....normal job...blah bla blah. Im sure I have strep throat, because I still get it about every other year. Each time the Dr asks about Mono, and I always say...no, I dont have it.....They test and I dont have it

Fast forward to Tuesday and I go to the Dr because I think its my time for strep---------Today I get results back and I have mono!! What am I, freaking 17 years old?!?!?! 6-8 weeks of "taking it easy"...which I am totally ok with...EXCEPT, no lifting over 10lbs which means no bowling and Im in a league with a buddy and our 2 oldest sons. This....sucks.
    just drink more beer when bowling. btw you need to stop kissing strangers ! =-;
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    LOL,,, Thats a good one.. I dont understand the lifting restrictions????
  • If I remember correctly it has something to do with rupturing your spleen. No contact sports or anything that jolts your body. Even getting into a car accident is bad when you have mono and if you do you should get checked out at the hospital to make sure it didn't rupture. That is if my memory serves me correct from my senior year of HS when I got mono. Worst sore throat ever! Like someone said I could barely swallow my own saliva.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    james40:
    Get your tonsils removed = No more strep throat so to speak. That's where the strep is living. I hope you get better soon bro.
    the first time i read this I thought you said "toenails"......was thinking this guy is really high or just goofy lol
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Smoke Showing:
    If I remember correctly it has something to do with rupturing your spleen. No contact sports or anything that jolts your body. Even getting into a car accident is bad when you have mono and if you do you should get checked out at the hospital to make sure it didn't rupture. That is if my memory serves me correct from my senior year of HS when I got mono. Worst sore throat ever! Like someone said I could barely swallow my own saliva.
    OK thanks, I guess I ruptured a guys spleen in HS when I tackled him playin football,,I still feel bad,clean hit and purely unintentional. Didnt find out tll the next day when the coach told me
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I hit a guy in football HS so hard once he had to be rescued from outer space.....and I scored 4 TDs for Polk High once (god I miss married with children)

Otherwise, the mono hasnt been toooooo bacd to me after the initial 3-4 days. The sore throat was indeed TERRIBLE, worst I can ever remember. The spleen part scares the he!! out of me of course since I am a total neurotic and hypochondriac-------so stop mentioning it!!!!!! Lol.......but seriously....lol.