Home Ratings & Reviews

illusione maduro

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
anyone had one ? thoughts if so ?

Comments

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Bought one the other day and gifted it to a buddy. I'll ask him how it was
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I will be trying one tomorrow night if all goes to plan. I guess I have had the earlier release of the HL Maduro. Excellent stick IMO. I have yet to have something from Dion that I havent enjoyed.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Only had the ~hl~ Maduro, and it was great, but I prefer the natural.
    Had a Cg4 Maduro sat. Night. Unfortunately this was my first Illusione stick with construction issues. Super tight draw and a tunnel made for a terrible burn. Was unfortunate as I could tell the taste and flavor i've come to love from Dion are there, just was a job finding them. I bought a couple more to revisist as Im sure this was a fluke.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple but have not smoked them yet. My local got all the new maduro lines in and I tried to pick up one of each back when they were released. Never had any issues with illusione so t_evan50, you need to try another for sure. Dion is good people and has a great cigar line.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    had an '88'. It was okay, but not what I've come to love from Dion. I recommend sticking with the original or Epernay lines, but maybe it's just my palette. Maduros all hit me a bit different.
    OchoZacho:
    had an '88'. It was okay, but not what I've come to love from Dion. I recommend sticking with the original or Epernay lines, but maybe it's just my palette. Maduros all hit me a bit different.
    Im usually always in favor of the maduro lines but I have to agree with u. The natural lines are just too good from Dion.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    Had a Cg4 Maduro sat. Night. Unfortunately this was my first Illusione stick with construction issues. Super tight draw and a tunnel made for a terrible burn. Was unfortunate as I could tell the taste and flavor i've come to love from Dion are there, just was a job finding them. I bought a couple more to revisist as Im sure this was a fluke.

Tried one today and I have to say I was underwhelmed. Tight draw, and the taist was just........off.
    firetruckguy:
    t_evan50:

Tried one today and I have to say I was underwhelmed. Tight draw, and the taist was just........off.
    Hope this isn't a trend but if it is I would guess Dion would do something to correct it. The level of the rest of his stuff is to good to be brought down by these problems.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    t_evan50:
    OchoZacho:
    Im usually always in favor of the maduro lines but I have to agree with u. The natural lines are just too good from Dion.

Yeah, usually the maduro lines in almost any other stick is what I lean to, this one was good, just didn't "wow" me. Maybe it was because it was an 88 also. The CG4 natural compared to the 88 natural is a no contest to me also with CG4 TKOing the 88.