Home Cigar 101

Aquarium Glue?

The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
Hey fellas, need a point in the right direction. Ive read here on the forums that if you're going to do a repair or modification to a humidor / coolidor, you should use aquarium glue since its scent free. I picked up some stuff from Ace Hardware that said it could be used for aquariums, but there was a DEFINiTE scent when I tried it out outside to make sure.

Can somebody please let me know what brand of aquarium glue that they used and were happy with? A vendor on or offline to pick some up would be great too. Dont want to ruin a perfectly good coolidor! Thanks guys.

Comments

• crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    I believe it's just a food grade silicon.I picked some up at a pet store.There is a scent but it goes away.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    The smell will be pungent for about 5 days and then discipate, I use to work in a pet store that would repair fishtanks.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll mention again that I used an open box of baking soda to get rid of the strong odor of epoxy paint that I used on shelves I made for my coolidor. Took a few days but worked just fine. Just sayin'......
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Cool, thanks for the help fellas. Will have to give the silicone, baking soda and maybe the newspaper trick to see if I can get the stink to dissipate quicker. Now comes the logistical nightmare - where the he11 do I store all teh sticks in coolidorasaurus while I do this??? LOL

The Sniper:
    Cool, thanks for the help fellas. Will have to give the silicone, baking soda and maybe the newspaper trick to see if I can get the stink to dissipate quicker. Now comes the logistical nightmare - where the he11 do I store all teh sticks in coolidorasaurus while I do this??? LOL

Well, shoot! Ship 'em all to me, of course. I'll store 'em for ya. LOL
    Youre the best brother! Tell ya what, PM me your addy and I will get them off to you tomorrow.

I dare you... :-D

The Sniper:
    Youre the best brother! Tell ya what, PM me your addy and I will get them off to you tomorrow.

I dare you... :-D

Hhmmm! Seen a lot of brothers make that kind of offer before but never saw anyone call their bluff. Ya got me, Glen. Nicely done. :-)
    LOL No bluff here bro... send me that addy. :-)

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

Ha, ha, ha get'em....

The Sniper:

No, no, you misunderstand. You called MY bluff. You caught me fair & square. I'd love to help out but no way would I have storage for even a small portion of your hoard. I tried to make a funny and you spanked me good! LOL
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The answer is simple, buy another cooler of the same size, or larger, to store them...
    jlmarta:
    The Sniper:

No, no, you misunderstand. You called MY bluff. You caught me fair & square. I'd love to help out but no way would I have storage for even a small portion of your hoard. I tried to make a funny and you spanked me good! LOL
    Meh, you should send me your addy anyway Marty. :-)

Russ55:
    The answer is simple, buy another cooler of the same size, or larger, to store them...
    Which would be simple, except for two minor issues...

1. Coolidorasaurus is large enough to bury several midgets in - and its November tomorrow. Unfortunately, not a lot of stores with stuff like on the shelves right now.

2. If I BOUGHT Coolidorasaurus II, the temptation would be there to FILL Coolidorasaurus II. And the collection is already well past what even a die-hard BOTL would call "out of control". Lead me not unto temptation... lead me not unto temptation... LOL

No, I think the right answer here is for jlmaltra to just send me his addy. In the spirit of BOTL's helpign each other out and whatnot. :-)

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Russ55:
    Which would be simple, except for two minor issues...

1. Coolidorasaurus is large enough to bury several midgets in - and its November tomorrow. Unfortunately, not a lot of stores with stuff like on the shelves right now.

2. If I BOUGHT Coolidorasaurus II, the temptation would be there to FILL Coolidorasaurus II. And the collection is already well past what even a die-hard BOTL would call "out of control". Lead me not unto temptation... lead me not unto temptation... LOL

No, I think the right answer here is for jlmaltra to just send me his addy. In the spirit of BOTL's helpign each other out and whatnot. :-)

Yeah, buying more coolers is a slippery slope. Also, what does November have to do with burying midgets?
    The Sniper:

Right! If I were to do that, knowing you, I'd probably be bombed to hell-and-gone. And my poor little 100+ count coolidor is already about 2/3 full. Besides, I think you already have my addy. I know you're a generous guy but I'm really NOT fishing to be bombed.
    jlmarta:
    The Sniper:

Right! If I were to do that, knowing you, I'd probably be bombed to hell-and-gone. And my poor little 100+ count coolidor is already about 2/3 full. Besides, I think you already have my addy. I know you're a generous guy but I'm really NOT fishing to be bombed.
    Little ol me? LOL I would NEVER do such a thing!

Theoretically however, if I WERE to do such a thing it would be the perfect excuse to upgrade to a larger humidor... and Christmas is coming you know. :-)

I know you werent fishing to be bombed brother. And I would never, EVER use an innocent conversation in a thread as an excuse to bomb somebody.

Theoretically of course. ;=) PM to you bro.