Home General Discussion

Anything Like Arturo Fuente?

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
I know everyone's tastes are different. I've been into cigars (seriously) for a few years now and found that I like just about everything Fuente. (Not that I don't like others). I was wondering (from the more experianced people) what they might suggest (other than Fuente). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Have you given any Padron or Ashton sticks a whirl?

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Oliva also makes some similar tasting sticks.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'd recommend looking at other quality blenders & manufacturers that use Dominican tobacco. LFD, Davidoff, Avo, etc.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Once I ventured past the popular brands like Fuentes, I found Camacho, Illusione, Kristoff, and Tatuaje to be a great way to expand my experiences and cigar enjoyment.
    Also the Padilla 1932 made me want to discover the entire line. Some very nice cigars are rolled by Padilla.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Thank you All for the suggestions.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Ashton delivers on that full Honduran experience. But, you have to admit, the Fuentes know their business well.
  • havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Don't forget Sencillo
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Other than expanding into the other brands that Fuente makes via contract for other companies (Ashton and JC Newman products), other Dominican cigars have similar characteristics... and EP Carrillo comes to mind immediately as having some of the most "similar to Fuente" cigars out there... and trust me, I am something of a fanatic about Fuente cigars lol.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this ashton esg 20 year salute im smoking now is pretty close to me to a fuente sorta kinda,even burn razor sharp white ash,lol, its great thou, but over 20 bucks a smoke a lot of fuentes half the price are great
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    this ashton esg 20 year salute im smoking now is pretty close to me to a fuente sorta kinda,even burn razor sharp white ash,lol, its great thou, but over 20 bucks a smoke a lot of fuentes half the price are great
    You do know that Ashton was developed with the help of Carlos Fuentes, and are made at Chateau de la Fuentes. That collaboration, as well as many exclusive wrappers that are grown on the Fuentes farms, have formed a strong connection between the two brands.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    jj20030:
    Yeah, the ESG uses a modified VSG filler blend with a sungrown version of the Opus X Rosado wrapper, so it has a lot of similarities. Definitely a great stick, just pricey.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    jj20030:
    You do know that Ashton was developed with the help of Carlos Fuentes, and are made at Chateau de la Fuentes. That collaboration, as well as many exclusive wrappers that are grown on the Fuentes farms, have formed a strong connection between the two brands.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gflupu5XGik >and i didnt know that,lol
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    In response to previous posts:
    The Only Ashton I've tried is the "Cabinet". Have not yet tried Padron but do have one coming., The Oliva "G" I've had and have a "V" in the Humi. LFD; I have only had the Airbender but Have a DL Chisel (which I don;t even know how to cut) & a Mysterio Habano coming. I have one Davidoff Millenium that has been resting for over a year and a half in the Humi (I still need to try it). Camacho Corojo Diploma was the first box I ever bought. Those are good and I have a PE coming. Illusion, Tat, Kristoff & E.P. Carillo I have not tried. Thanks again everyone.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I know sun grown Fuente wrappers are produced by Oliva cigars
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    oliva Tobacco
    kuzi16:
    lcpleel:
    oliva Tobacco
    Sorry.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    kuzi16:
    lcpleel:
    oliva Tobacco
    Sorry.
    i wasnt trying to be mean but they are different companies.
    kuzi16:
    lcpleel:
    kuzi16:
    lcpleel:
    oliva Tobacco
    Sorry.
    i wasnt trying to be mean but they are different companies.
    true true.
  • If you like the Fuente's, I might suggest you try some La Aurora stuff. It's similar, and they do make some great cigars.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up, the monster site has the best of AF samplers for $59.99 on sale quite often and if you can find a $10 off code it brings it down to a steal of a price for that sampler. Even w/o the coupon $59.99 is still a great price.