Home Cigar 101

Cigar breath

Since I usually smoke before bed, I always brush my teeth afterwards. I've noticed even after brushing my teeth, using scope and then drinking water, that I wake up in the morning feeling like I smoked a cigar in my sleep. LOL. Is there any good way to combat this?

Comments

• ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Brushing your tongue really helps
  • howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    Thewelder:
    Brushing your tongue really helps
    I do that too. LOL.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rinse your mouth with some good sour mash bourbon and then swallow it. I don't know if that'll work but you won't care. LOL
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    jlmarta:
    Rinse your mouth with some good sour mash bourbon and then swallow it. I don't know if that'll work but you won't care. LOL
    This suggestion gets my vote !
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    jlmarta:
    This suggestion gets my vote !
    +1! End of thread......................LOL
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Listen, its just like a hangover, when you get up in the morning you drink 5 or 10 to get right, its the same idea....start smoking when you wake up problem solved...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Diamondog:
    Listen, its just like a hangover, when you get up in the morning you drink 5 or 10 to get right, its the same idea....start smoking when you wake up problem solved...
    Bingo bango Steve is right on point
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda relish the aftertaste if it was a good smoke.
    Alright.... so drink and smoke more... HAHAHA... you guys crack me up...
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    howtobass:
    we wouldn't steer you wrong. Drinking and smoking has cured way more problems than it causes... as long as it's being done by a moderately inteligent person, of course...
    BigT06:
    howtobass:
    we wouldn't steer you wrong. Drinking and smoking has cured way more problems than it causes... as long as it's being done by a moderately inteligent person, of course...
    I suppose we shouldn't have any problems then. LOL
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In exact relation to this point.... Myself and a buddy back in college a handful of years ago had done a decent cigar/drinking night and had a helluva time. We woke up fairly early with that nasty taste you are talking about in our mouths. My friend leans over and pulls the curtain back and looks outside. He then says "D@mn, wish it would have snowed last night (it was summer)" to which I asked why and he stated this: "So I could track the buffalo that took a CRAP in my mouth!".... funny little anecdote but figured it applied to the situation here :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Are you noticing you get it with certain cigars, or all cigars? I tend to get that with Nicaraguans, but Hondurans, and Dominicans less so. Maybe experiment a bit, and see. I've found some cigars leave zero aftertaste, and others that will be with you for a while.
    Russ55:
    Are you noticing you get it with certain cigars, or all cigars? I tend to get that with Nicaraguans, but Hondurans, and Dominicans less so. Maybe experiment a bit, and see. I've found some cigars leave zero aftertaste, and others that will be with you for a while.
    I smoked a "Ave Maria" last night and it stayed with me through the next morning. Even after brushing my teeth again. Tonight I smoked a "5 Vegas Classic" and I can tell it's not going to be as bad. I'll have to keep my eye on that. Thanks!
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that brushing and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide works great. I usually brush with a little peroxide plus toothpaste, making sure to brush the tongue, followed by nice rinse/gargle with more peroxide and then finally a water rinse. Works like a charm and it's about the only thing that works for me since I am a mostly night time cigar smoker, usually shortly before going to bed.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    howtobass:
    Since I usually smoke before bed, I always brush my teeth afterwards. I've noticed even after brushing my teeth, using scope and then drinking water, that I wake up in the morning feeling like I smoked a cigar in my sleep. LOL. Is there any good way to combat this?
    Dont smoke while your sleeping!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The more full bodied a cigar is, the worse the morning after taste (more nicotine, tar..etc) What I usually do is Brush, Mouth Rinse, and then a dose of flouride to help my teeth. Then when I wake up, brush again...that usually fixes it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Rhamlin:
    I was thinking this exact same thing when I first read the post.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    Rhamlin:
    I was thinking this exact same thing when I first read the post.
    I agree to some degree, I just can't go to sleep with that aftertaste.. Waking up with it would be too much.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    After smoking cigarettes for decades, I kinda like it. Hehe. Now what's for breakfast? I wanna light a MOW.
  • After smoking one 6 days in a row (can you tell i'm getting ready to leave?), I really don't mind it too much. I do what I can, but if there is a little after taste... eh... no biggie.. now the thing is, what is the wife going to say? LOL.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    howtobass:
    After smoking one 6 days in a row (can you tell i'm getting ready to leave?), I really don't mind it too much. I do what I can, but if there is a little after taste... eh... no biggie.. now the thing is, what is the wife going to say? LOL.
    I don't think she'll mind, brother.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    BigT06:
    howtobass:
    After smoking one 6 days in a row (can you tell i'm getting ready to leave?), I really don't mind it too much. I do what I can, but if there is a little after taste... eh... no biggie.. now the thing is, what is the wife going to say? LOL.
    but if she does smoke the nastiest stuff you can find for like a week and then go back to the good stuff and be like see it's not so bad now is it....lol
  • ENFIDL:
    BigT06:
    howtobass:
    but if she does smoke the nastiest stuff you can find for like a week and then go back to the good stuff and be like see it's not so bad now is it....lol
    We really need a like button to click. +Like
  • bigmatt72:
    ENFIDL:
    BigT06:
    howtobass:
    We really need a like button to click. +Like
    +1. Agreed. LOL
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I thought the best cigars are the ones you can still taste 2 days later after brushing and eating.
    If your wife has a problem with the smell, say this is the new me baby love it or lump it...I am sure she won't be to upset.