Home General Discussion

Anyone ashamed of whats in their humidor???

i was just thinking about all the cigars. just wondering if anyone has any cigars in their humidor that they would be ashamed of ??? i know some cigars are better than others and everyone has a preference, but is there anything that is just something that will turn you into a "laughing stock" if anyone knew you had it? i've noticed swisher sweets and black and milds seem to get alot of laughs, but being new to this, i would hate to be ashamed to open my humidor to any of you and get laughed at. right now my 6 cigars im not ashamed of. so, anyone ashamed? lol

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Not a single one,,,and respectfully nor would I ever laugh at someone for something they liked. Lots of people like acids while it not my thing I have no ill feelings to those who do. As far as swisher sweets ..now who hasnt smoked one of those or a white owl?/ I like the cuban honeys too. For me its all in the journey not so much the destination. "and if you walk youre gonna get there,all it takes is a little longer, and when you see it in the distance you will wring your hands and moan" Led Zeppelin..
  • Ashamed of a cigar I own?? no, nor will it ever happen...its tobacco, definitely not that big of a deal. If someone doesn't like my smokes, and takes it seriously enough that they feel the need to comment....I'd probably laugh in their face :)
  • jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    i would be ashamed of the Cuban Reject i had the other day. it was NASTY!!! i took 3 puffs and it was too bad to take any more. someone around me who will smoke anything asked for it, they made 3 puffs and threw it. i would be ashamed of those unless i kept one as a prank cigar lol
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope not ashamed at all. Probably half mine are budget smokes and the other half are gifts. As long as I like em I'm fine with it. If I don't like it I just toss it.
  • Negative! Not even the bunk Cohiba that is resting in it.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Black and molds are nothing to be made fun of I always have some on hand. I love me a good swisher when I'm f#€|{£[| drunk
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nope. I have cigars in my humidor worth a dollar, and smokes that cost me more than I will admit. Smoke what you like, what you can afford, and what you have!! Anyway, when you take the band off, no one can tell the difference.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    yeah if im planing on gettin really drunk ill go through a pack of black and milds. why smoke good sticks when you wont remember em
    415:
    yeah if im planing on gettin really drunk ill go through a pack of black and milds. why smoke good sticks when you wont remember em
    Exactly!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Im ashamed none of us has fixed your 6 sticks in the humi yet.......... PM me your addy :)
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Im ashamed none of us has fixed your 6 sticks in the humi yet.......... PM me your addy :)
    at it again....way to go FTG....
    CvilleE:
    firetruckguy:
    at it again....way to go FTG....

who....... little old me??
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Seriously Brett, you didn't think I wouldn't hit this brother up for his addy? Of course I got it, but since I only have a small 20 ct, I can forward his addy onto you so you can take care of the situation.........
    Brett go easy on him.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    lcpleel:
    415:
    Exactly!
    I have a 1 gallon ziplock in my cooler that is specifically cigars I like, but I don't mind chucking them if I get interrupted or doing yard work with them. It is my don't feel bad bag. Anything that comes out of there is disposable.
    bandyt09:
    firetruckguy:
    Seriously Brett, you didn't think I wouldn't hit this brother up for his addy? Of course I got it, but since I only have a small 20 ct, I can forward his addy onto you so you can take care of the situation.........
    Who's your buddy?....... Todd's your buddy! Please send me this poor BOTL's addy my friend.
    bandyt09:
    firetruckguy:
    O you f'ed now. You got Brett and Todd on you like bird *** on windshield!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I certainly have some smokes that are more disposable than others, but no, nothing to be ashamed of.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    lcpleel:
    bandyt09:
    firetruckguy:
    O you f'ed now. You got Brett and Todd on you like bird *** on windshield!
    and now you know why I said I'd wait an sponsor him on a trade rather than just bombing a hello to him... in order to be active on here, they have to SURVIVE the first month. LMAO
  • Someone who has his addy shoot it to me. I would love to help his collection grow. As far as being ashamed of anything, just my seperate humi that is still full of turds I havnt launched yet.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    No way.. They will all be enjoyed some day. No red head step children here. (my apologies if you are red) .
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if i ever do end up with something i dont want in there, i immediately send it off to someone who i know likes it.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Well let's be honest here also...just bc you don't like a particular stogie in the humi doesn't mean it's a bad stick. Just like kuzi said, you can always ship them off to someone who might love them since they have different tastes. Speaking of which, might be time for my annual send out to some newbs on the boards.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    docbp87:
    Nope. I have cigars in my humidor worth a dollar, and smokes that cost me more than I will admit. Smoke what you like, what you can afford, and what you have!! Anyway, when you take the band off, no one can tell the difference.

+1 Well said. I like having some different tastes around. The "less good" help me appreciate the "great" even more!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm not ashamed on the cigars I have though I ashamed that I can't get some cigars. I mean I would love to have some opus maduros, a good selection of cubans, maybe a few boxes of what I like and a couple of boxes of tat rex's. So I guess its my fault, I need more money.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm not ashamed on the cigars I have though I ashamed that I can't get some cigars. I mean I would love to have some opus maduros, a good selection of cubans, maybe a few boxes of what I like and a couple of boxes of tat rex's. So I guess its my fault, I need more money.
    dont we all.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not, everything I have I'm proud of regardless of price, rating, or opinion. If someone is ashamed of what I have not only are they not a friend to me, but I wouldn't be opening my box to them regardless.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    I certainly have some smokes that are more disposable than others, but no, nothing to be ashamed of.
    x2
  • I had a Gurkha Crest in my humidor, I was taking pictures of my cigars today and I took that one out when snapping the photos.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    jkallen83:
    i was just thinking about all the cigars. just wondering if anyone has any cigars in their humidor that they would be ashamed of ??? i know some cigars are better than others and everyone has a preference, but is there anything that is just something that will turn you into a "laughing stock" if anyone knew you had it? i've noticed swisher sweets and black and milds seem to get alot of laughs, but being new to this, i would hate to be ashamed to open my humidor to any of you and get laughed at. right now my 6 cigars im not ashamed of. so, anyone ashamed? lol
    I once said I only have 4 sticks in my humy..... you should venture to the trade/pass/bomb section and look at what I have now....and all packages have not been received yet. Be careful of what you say around here, your mailbox will die and your ass may hurt. :D ENJOY!!!