Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley Black Market

Mini-Review!!

I picked up a pack of these approx. a month ago shortly after the So Cal herf in Brea;
Mostly because brotheradam was smoking one and what he described from it sounded like something I'd like.

It's a really well constructed stick, no visible veins, heavy in the hand, visible cap for easy cutting.

I really enjoyed this stick for a number of reasons; It's a really complex and tasty stick that starts out as a smooth medium strength and then moves close to full strength at the last third. The mouth feel, or body, is pretty full through the whole stick. It's not too full though as I usually can't hold my own with so-called powerhouses. Plenty of smoke production on the draw.

What I liked most about this new stick from Alec Bradley is the complexity. It's not complex in the way that most people mean it; it didn't change it's flavor profile through the stick except once.

Instead, as a I smoked it from beginning to the last third, there were two distinct notes; Sweet leather over a really earthy taste with spice that I usually get from an Ecuador Sumatra wrapper. I was enjoying both of these flavors concurrently. It was a really unique and pleasing experience.

The last third really poured on the pepper and body and it was a great way to finish an already complex stick.

I'm definitely going to keep these in stock and maybe do some rotations with the Tempus and Prensado which I also enjoy.

I highly recommend this stick for anyone who likes sumatra or San Andres wrappers. It's a great experience.

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    nice review... I've been wondring about these... I LOVE the tempus, but I haven't explored much more of AB's stuff... I finally got my hands on a prensado and american classic which I hope to fire up soon... may have to give these a look! Thanks Bro!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great to hear i picked up 10 robustos yesterday , i read one review the guy said he liked them better than the tempus
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I dig the Tempus, but have never been totally in love with Alec Bradley... after hearing a lot from Alan Rubin this weekend, I have a new found respect for their blends (helps that I also smoked a couple I hadn't previously bothered with, including the Black Market, which was pretty good!)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My only experience with Alec Bradley so far has been the SCR. I will soon have a couple Black Markets to try, perhaps these will make a fan out of me.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I dig the Tempus, but have never been totally in love with Alec Bradley... after hearing a lot from Alan Rubin this weekend, I have a new found respect for their blends (helps that I also smoked a couple I hadn't previously bothered with, including the Black Market, which was pretty good!)
    You should try cigars by 262. AB blends all their sticks. And since you like the Tempus, give the Paradigm by 262 a try. Great stick.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Also, I wouldn't mind trying the new AB Fine & Rare cigar, coming out in a few days.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    docbp87:
    You should try cigars by 262. AB blends all their sticks. And since you like the Tempus, give the Paradigm by 262 a try. Great stick.
    +!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    drpepperdude:
    Mini-Review!!

I picked up a pack of these approx. a month ago shortly after the So Cal herf in Brea;
    Mostly because brotheradam was smoking one and what he described from it sounded like something I'd like.
    It's a really well constructed stick, no visible veins, heavy in the hand, visible cap for easy cutting.

I really enjoyed this stick for a number of reasons; It's a really complex and tasty stick that starts out as a smooth medium strength and then moves close to full strength at the last third. The mouth feel, or body, is pretty full through the whole stick. It's not too full though as I usually can't hold my own with so-called powerhouses. Plenty of smoke production on the draw.

What I liked most about this new stick from Alec Bradley is the complexity. It's not complex in the way that most people mean it; it didn't change it's flavor profile through the stick except once.

Instead, as a I smoked it from beginning to the last third, there were two distinct notes; Sweet leather over a really earthy taste with spice that I usually get from an Ecuador Sumatra wrapper. I was enjoying both of these flavors concurrently. It was a really unique and pleasing experience.

The last third really poured on the pepper and body and it was a great way to finish an already complex stick.

I'm definitely going to keep these in stock and maybe do some rotations with the Tempus and Prensado which I also enjoy.

I highly recommend this stick for anyone who likes sumatra or San Andres wrappers. It's a great experience.

Nice review man, thanks for posting. sounds tempting . . .
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    great to hear i picked up 10 robustos yesterday , i read one review the guy said he liked them better than the tempus
    IMO they are as good if not better than any AB stick Ive smoked.. Flavor wise better than a tempus.I will keep an eye out for these and try to score more when the price is right. To me they are a solid med body smoke,
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I like most AB sticks. Tempus is a def fav, SCR and Prensado are also pretty good IMO. I like the family blend and MAXX at times too. Can't wait to try this one. Thanks for the review.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Good review man! Honestly I haven't had anything Alec Bradley that I didn't like. Once I get a lil room in the humi I'm gonna have to pick up a few of these
  • KCW:
    Krieg:
    docbp87:
    +!
    Just to clarify, guys. We work closely with the guys at AB, but they don't blend all of our cigars. When I started 262 I sought some help from Ralph Montero and Alan Rubin since they are responsible for so many great blends. They set me in the right direction, and I still owe it to them for getting me started in the industry. Thanks for the love. It's much appreciated! STR
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I've smoked 2 different vitolas in this stick, first the robusto and second the toro. Toro deff made it shine. First AB I've had, but man, what a great way to get introduced to his stuff
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Always wanted to try this one. Really like the Maxx line.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fired up this robusto about 15 mins. ago, its rott, so far lots of smoke and even burn and great flavor