Home Ratings & Reviews

A mild day

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
So I kinda wanted to have a mild day on saturday and grabbed an Avo and a C.com purple. I'v never had the Avo before, and probably won't again. I didn't taste like anything, you know on a cold day your breath puffs out in the air, it was like that. Maybe too mild for me, I might have just had a bad stick. but then the purple lable was great. nice and creamy, good smoke.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Avo Classic always strikes me as mild but with good flavor, where the Purple label was mild and flavorless to me...exact opposite. I'd think your chances of getting a bad Avo are exceedingly low due to the excellent construction and QC put into them, it's probably more a case of your palate interpreting it a certain way.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    j0z3r:
    The Avo Classic always strikes me as mild but with good flavor, where the Purple label was mild and flavorless to me...exact opposite. I'd think your chances of getting a bad Avo are exceedingly low due to the excellent construction and QC put into them, it's probably more a case of your palate interpreting it a certain way.
    +1 to jozer... I've never had a bad AVO but the purple label was meh IMHO.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Avo remains one of my favorites. Never had a bad one so it is just a matter of taste, I believe.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Another +1 for AVO being all class and quality in my experience.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    So I kinda wanted to have a mild day on saturday and grabbed an Avo and a C.com purple. I'v never had the Avo before, and probably won't again. I didn't taste like anything, you know on a cold day your breath puffs out in the air, it was like that. Maybe too mild for me, I might have just had a bad stick. but then the purple lable was great. nice and creamy, good smoke.

Buddy, I hope that wasn't one of the Avo's I sent you. If so, I'm sorry you felt it wasn't up to par. That is one of my favorite morning sticks. Very creamy and flavorful. That was in the same box as the other's I had. It could be a dud. But none of the one's I had were bad. Maybe it was just too mild for you. But they are a wonderful smoke. Do you want me to send you another to try? Just to be sure, Avo Classic robusto's are great.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    what were you eating/drinking at the time?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nothing, I was out walking my dog at the time. I don't know. The AVo heritage I had was great, but this one just didn't seem to taste like anything.

Rick, thanks buddy but thats ok. I think I have another one and will try it again later.
    I could just be crazy.
    One God, One Truth
    roland_7707:
    Nothing, I was out walking my dog at the time. I don't know. The AVo heritage I had was great, but this one just didn't seem to taste like anything.

Rick, thanks buddy but thats ok. I think I have another one and will try it again later.
    I could just be crazy.

Good to hear, at least give it a go twice. Unless it was just awefully bad. The Avo Heritage is awesome smoke especially in that size. That was the short robusto right?

RCY Cigars:
    roland_7707:

I could just be crazy.

Good to hear, at least give it a go twice. Unless it was just awefully bad. The Avo Heritage is awesome smoke especially in that size. That was the short robusto right?

Yep. all of your other sticks have been good, the JdN Fuerte and the Triple play were both great. that one just hit me the wrong way.
    One God, One Truth
    Good, happy to hear that. I gave you all cigars I smoke or like.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    smoke the avo with a clean palate and early in the day. drink water with it.
    sit down and just taste the cigar. dont have distractions. it is mild. but it does have flavor.

it may just be that this is now where your cigar journey is taking you. thats cool too but i never discount a cigar after one try.
    kuzi16:
    smoke the avo with a clean palate and early in the day. drink water with it.
    sit down and just taste the cigar. dont have distractions. it is mild. but it does have flavor.

it may just be that this is now where your cigar journey is taking you. thats cool too but i never discount a cigar after one try.
    Will do Kuzi
    One God, One Truth
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definatley a smoke you want to kick back with no destractions. I loved the one I tried.