Home General Discussion

My wife just smoked a cigar with me

No not code for a sex act. She gave up smoking cigs when we got preggers. So tonight she comes outside when the baby went down and asked for a cigar. The only mild stick I had was a monty so I gave her that and she liked it. What I need is some ideas of what to stock for her. Smaller ring and size would be good like coronas.

Comments

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    rossdavey2:
    No not code for a sex act. She gave up smoking cigs when we got preggers. So tonight she comes outside when the baby went down and asked for a cigar. The only mild stick I had was a monty so I gave her that and she liked it. What I need is some ideas of what to stock for her. Smaller ring and size would be good like coronas.
    I think start her with a Fonseca 5-50 or if you are brave a CAO cameroon. I love both of them and the Fonseca is a straight up mild.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thats awsome Ross !
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Wow, just wow. It could get expensive though
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    yeah - and there are MANY other potential hazards........such as:
    She decides to have a few of her girlfriends over for "cigar night" while you're at your buddy's watching Monday Night Football.....there goes 6 of your best sticks!.....nightmare!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    That is awesome and I see your cigar collection growing rapidly. I had the wife pull this same thing on me back in the day and now she just gets pissed that she doesn't have time to site down and enjoy a smoke w/her hubby....unless its winter time, in the hot tub, with her favorite wine.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    KingoftheCove:
    fla-gypsy:
    She decides to have a few of her girlfriends over for "cigar night" while you're at your buddy's watching Monday Night Football.....there goes 6 of your best sticks!.....nightmare!
    ROFLMAO....man has a point. I would invest in a new pad lock for the humidors.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful with that, she may quickly wind up going from Acids and other lighter stuff to wanting to put her mitts on your good stuff! It aint gonna be that awesome/cute anymore when she starts smoking up all your Ovals, Ashton VSG's, MOW PA's,Oliva V's, Davidoffs, ISOM's ect......lol. But seriously, that is pretty cool though, it's nice to have someone to puff with. I thnk 5 Vegas Gold is one of the best smokes for a rookie but if she smoked cigs then her tolerance for vitamin N may rise rather quickly. Good luck.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my wife likes the davidoff 2000. kind of expensive but since i like em too i amost always have em on hand. other than that you can try the room 101 connecticut. (my wife likes that too)
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo 10th champagne, any oliva except the serie V, EP Carillio New Wave isn't more than medium if I remember right. Congrats buddy!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think having your mate smoke with you is absolutely wonderful. At our age, and with our predispositions, there's no way my child bride will ever accommodate me and I'd never put her in that position. Still, I think it's wonderful if yours joins in with your hobby.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be the Profesor Sila, mild with a sweet cap (not infused). I sent a couple out to a few here and got no complaints. Good early morning smoke and one for a late night smoke when you want something lite
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    KingoftheCove:
    fla-gypsy:
    ROFLMAO....man has a point. I would invest in a new pad lock for the humidors.
    realistically, go ahead and buy another humi for her(label it upon arrival so it's clear who's is who's)....get her some of the infused ACID blends....she'll surely repay the favor later...lol

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I would keep a few purple and blue, and brazillian house labels and a few RP 1990's ..... the seconds are great mild and tasty and the hous labels rock ........ have her try them and go from there and congrats on the wife quitting cigs and going to gars
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome brother! I think MOW Virtue
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Way to go! My wife will take a small puff off one of mine from time to time, but never a full cigar.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hell would have to freeze over before my wife would ever smoke a cigar with me, Ross, that's awesome man!

"Long ashes my friends."

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    My wife smoked a couple with me early on in my career (before it became a full on obsession) but mostly just some infused sticks. Sounds like a hell of a woman you got there Ross.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas classic corona is great for a short and mild smoke that doesn't lose anything in the ring gauge translation.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    My wife likes her wine and dark chocolate. I don't see her smoking with me either but curiousity might get the best of her one day, haha. {:-)

• cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    My fiance has been smoking a little less then once a month with me she really liked the flavor stuff. but smoked a camancho triple Mad the other night. I was inpressed!
  • I gave the GF a few puffs of an RP Decade I was working on a while back. She loved it! If your wife likes things like dry red wines, why not try something a bit more meat? Just a thought. And for what it's worth, I love sharing a stick (insert joke here) with her. It's a great way to end the day, just talking about stuff and enjoying her company. TMS
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    luckily my wife supports my cigar habit. she likes smoking cloves normally, but have ventured into the cao flavours. plus i think she just likes smoking and hanging with the guys, which is cool.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    asianbiker8:
    luckily my wife supports my cigar habit. she likes smoking cloves normally, but have ventured into the cao flavours. plus i think she just likes smoking and hanging with the guys, which is cool.
    .. Sounds good to me. Get a lock for your humidor. (jk)
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Excellent news Ross, and congratulations - you are officially living the dream for most of us on here. LOL If $$$ is an issue, may I suggest picking her up a flight sampler of CCom Purple Labels? Also, Oliva Connecticut Reserve's can be had for a good price if you shop around a bit.

If she starts getting into this, DEFINITELY get her her own humidor for Xmas - and LOCK YOURS! ;-)

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    black and milds are cheap and they smell good!

But I'd say a nub connie or gurkha turks, them turks are great!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my wife is a real cigar snob. she only smokes Davidoff and her personal blend.
  • kuzi16:
    my wife is a real cigar snob. she only smokes Davidoff and her personal blend.
    damn!