Home Cigar 101

Cigar Band Collections

I am starting to get a nice collection of cigar bands, I try and keep all of them, and was wondering if anyone else does anything special with them? I was thinking of putting them on poster-board and making a collage of sorts to put under the glass on a coffee table or cabinet glasstop humidor. Let me know your ideas brothers!

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I sent mine to MTuccelli... the women in his family are super creative and do cool things with them.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    My wife surprised me the other day for our anniversary with this:

Photobucket

Now I just need to fill in the right side.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Mike got mine as well. I usually keep all my bands and give them to someone here. I haven't tried to make anything but some of the guys here and their families are really talented and creative!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Grazuh:

Photobucket

Sweeeeet....I often wonder why women are more creative then us guys?
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I was thinking of putting them on poster-board and making a collage of sorts to put under the glass on a coffee table or cabinet glasstop humidor. Let me know your ideas brothers!
    All of these are great ideas.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I made a book mark and have another project in the works
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    MTuccelli:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I was thinking of putting them on poster-board and making a collage of sorts to put under the glass on a coffee table or cabinet glasstop humidor. Let me know your ideas brothers!
    All of these are great ideas.
    I think I am going to glue them to posterboard and then use them on a glass top when it becomes available...wost case scenario I can always frame it
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    MTuccelli:
    Grazuh:

Photobucket

Sweeeeet....I often wonder why women are more creative then us guys?
    Man I'm liking that, she did a great job. Been thinking about doing something like that with my bands.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing a similar thing with mine but slightly different... putting all the bands on a poster board, then getting a matte black framing mat and cutting out a preferido cigar shape and putting it over it. So the end product is a cigar outline with the cigar being made out of bands. I also make cigar art from the boxes... drawer pulls from the tubos, and then carvings and stuff like that (card holders etc) from some of the other boxes. I'll post pics when I get some stuff completed.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have almost every single band from every single cigar I have smoked over the last year and a half or so in a great big cigar.com bag... it is out of hand. I need to go ahead and turn these into artwork for my walls, but just don't have the drive to do it yet. So, the bag gets bigger. I literally have hundreds and hundreds of bands in this bag.
    90+ Irishman:
    I'm doing a similar thing with mine but slightly different... putting all the bands on a poster board, then getting a matte black framing mat and cutting out a preferido cigar shape and putting it over it. So the end product is a cigar outline with the cigar being made out of bands. I also make cigar art from the boxes... drawer pulls from the tubos, and then carvings and stuff like that (card holders etc) from some of the other boxes. I'll post pics when I get some stuff completed.
    Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it!
    docbp87:
    I have almost every single band from every single cigar I have smoked over the last year and a half or so in a great big cigar.com bag... it is out of hand. I need to go ahead and turn these into artwork for my walls, but just don't have the drive to do it yet. So, the bag gets bigger. I literally have hundreds and hundreds of bands in this bag.
    I put mine in a phone book today to try and flatten them out, hoping to start the collage this week
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I put mine in a phone book today
    Nice. Hadn't thought of that. That's a really good idea.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I keep a 3 ring binder and glue stick in my desk. Saving the wrappers helps me to organize things in my brain. Each page from a certain blender or house. I also keep the COTM literature and other articles from Ccom mag, etc. The front part has a sleeve where I keep the correspondences from other BOTLs and business cards I've picked up along the way.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I put mine in a phone book today
    Nice. Hadn't thought of that. That's a really good idea.

Another way is to iron them. It's also quicker. That's what I've done to mine... Works fine.
    beatnic:
    I keep a 3 ring binder and glue stick in my desk. Saving the wrappers helps me to organize things in my brain. Each page from a certain blender or house. I also keep the COTM literature and other articles from Ccom mag, etc. The front part has a sleeve where I keep the correspondences from other BOTLs and business cards I've picked up along the way.
    That is very tempting, I like the sorting by brand a lot.
  • Like this one. Got all mine in a baggie now
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    There are some good ideas here to keep track of all the great cigars we have had.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:

This is a great idea. One of my friends does this but takes it a step further....along with the bands he writes a description and rates the cigar.
    I know he keeps track of things like purchase and storage details along with the essentials like taste, aroma, construction, etc.
    I've been wanting to start a binder like this as well but have been too lazy....so instead my wife has saved all of the bands and she put them in a glass vase.
    She displays the vase on a bookshelf, which sits next to another vase that holds wine corks.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I have a couple cigar boxes and a couple bags filled as well as a huge ziplock bag filled that jj sent me. I really need to get around to doing something with them. I'm thinking covering the top of a bar table.
    danielruas:
    I have a couple cigar boxes and a couple bags filled as well as a huge ziplock bag filled that jj sent me. I really need to get around to doing something with them. I'm thinking covering the top of a bar table.
    That would be awesome...then put some glass/plexi on top or a few clear-coats as well...great idea!
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    am saving mine also to make a poster of all the bands i have
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    pbchevo:
    am saving mine also to make a poster of all the bands i have
    I like the poster idea. Great addition for a man cave.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Wife got me a small photo album, single picture pages, so I put my 1st timers in that, for the archives. All others I throw in cigar boxes for a future project. Anyone tried polyurethane varnishing them on an unfinished table top? Thinking of getting a table for the new "cave" and that would be a unique top.
    The3Stogies:
    Wife got me a small photo album, single picture pages, so I put my 1st timers in that, for the archives. All others I throw in cigar boxes for a future project. Anyone tried polyurethane varnishing them on an unfinished table top? Thinking of getting a table for the new "cave" and that would be a unique top.
    Let me know if you find anything out on that, that is my idea too
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Shaun,
    Small minds do think alike brother.
    The3Stogies:
    Shaun,
    Small minds do think alike brother.
    Haha, touche sir!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    imageimage Bird Houses perhaps?
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    RBeckom:
    that is AWESOME.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    that is AWESOME.
    Thank you. I'm working on some others now. I'll post more pictures later.