Home Non Cigar Related

smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just signed up to run in a 8k in November...I havent run since March when my wife and I ran a 10k. Guess I have a few months to get ready!! I asked my wife if she wanted to run with me and the reply was a very slow...."hell no"

I am running for donate life, a very good cause and I cant wait.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More power to ya, my man. I'll be rooting for ya. (Oh, to be young again)

Marty

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Hell yeah, get some!!
    Light 'em up.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Awesome! I enjoy running! Except up steep hills, then I run out of gas quickly! Maybe I should look into some local runs too!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Good cause, and I hope you do well. I'm with you're wife on the running thing, though. If you ever see me running, you'd better run too cause something big and scary's chasing my ass...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome brother! Have fun, you are def doing a great thing for a great cause!
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    That's awesome! I'll be running several races this year. They're a lot of fun. Especially the Nike Human Race. It being the world's largest running event makes it even more fun with the enormous number of people running.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the support fellas...I am def gonna need more encourgement the closer we get to race time in NOV...
    That's a cold month...lol where's the race gonna be at?
    I know right...its being held in downtown Richmond.
    Hmmm maybe I should do it with ya. Been trying to motivate myself to do more cardio and this could do that....lol
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    ENFIDL:
    Hmmm maybe I should do it with ya. Been trying to motivate myself to do more cardio and this could do that....lol
    Hey Fidl how about you get a flight down to Tampa in Dec and run Tough Mudder with me on Dec 4th then we can hit up some of the cigar lounges? This offer is also open to anyone.

Smoke em thats great man. Let me know when you get a fund raising page up.
    rossdavey2:
    ENFIDL:
    Hey Fidl how about you get a flight down to Tampa in Dec and run Tough Mudder with me on Dec 4th then we can hit up some of the cigar lounges? This offer is also open to anyone.

Smoke em thats great man. Let me know when you get a fund raising page up.
    Hmmm that tough mudder looks like one tough mudder..lol

For this 8k I actually dont have to do any fund raising..just paid to register and made a one time donation to donate life. Next time I do have to raise money for a race i will let you know : )
    So the time has come. My 8k will start tomorrow morning @ 7am. Hopefully all will go well and I will return home in one piece and enjoy a celebration smoke as my muscles tighten up...Time for some rest fellas. I will check in tomorrow after I'm done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    It's proven that beer helps post race so have some there. Have fun bro.
    smoke em if you got em:
    So the time has come. My 8k will start tomorrow morning @ 7am. Hopefully all will go well and I will return home in one piece and enjoy a celebration smoke as my muscles tighten up...Time for some rest fellas. I will check in tomorrow after I'm done.

Sock it to 'em, my man. We're all rooting for ya. GO, SMOKE 'EM!!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the day smoke 'em.. see you tpmorrow to celebrate your 8k and your P-1K !
    Well I survived the 8k. Back home now and just relaxing. Unofficial time 1hr and 45 seconds. When they post the official results I will let you all know. Thanks for all the support. It was cold as *** this morning...33 degrees when the race started.
    I always preferred to run in the cold. I didn't race, just did roadwork when I was into boxing - back in the day. Lived in Detroit, ran every day of the year. Cold, rain, snow be d@mned. Ah, them was the days.
    smoke em if you got em:
    Well I survived the 8k. Back home now and just relaxing. Unofficial time 1hr and 45 seconds. When they post the official results I will let you all know. Thanks for all the support. It was cold as *** this morning...33 degrees when the race started.
    D@mn that's cold! Def a great thing you did brother, congrats on a great time and surviving
    Post race pic I took with 2 of my fans!

Offical time 0:58:14 ...yeah baby!!
    smoke em if you got em:

Love it! The sign is hilarious.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Congrats on the run!! My family waits at the finish line also. I'd be great to have the wife run, but she refuses to even think about it! And your time is under an hour...nicely done!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    smoke em if you got em:

Love it! The sign is hilarious.
    X2 , love it, " IT'S COLD OUT HERE " ,LMAO , ohh, and congrats!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Nice job smoke 'em.. Great picture of the kids too.
    kaspera79:
    Nice job smoke 'em.. Great picture of the kids too.

. +1 and I love the hats/earwarmers.
    Thanks for the kind words guys. Woke up this morning feeling pretty good. Muscles didnt tighten up overnight or anything which is good. Gotta give credit to the wife on the sign..she put it together late Friday night and I loved it! Might run it again next year but we shall see.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:

Royln, congrats on the 8K achievement and the GREAT cause brother! Your family looks fantastic and that sign nearly made me piss myself! You are doing absolutely wonderful things man, and that time is more than just a little impressive!!!! WAY TO GO!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    BEAR HAT!!!!!!

90+ Irishman:
    smoke em if you got em:

Royln, congrats on the 8K achievement and the GREAT cause brother! Your family looks fantastic and that sign nearly made me piss myself! You are doing absolutely wonderful things man, and that time is more than just a little impressive!!!! WAY TO GO!
    Thank you Brett. All the kind words from you all on the forums mean alot to me..makes me glad that I particpitated in this wonderful event.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    90+ Irishman:
    smoke em if you got em:

Thank you Brett. All the kind words from you all on the forums mean alot to me..makes me glad that I particpitated in this wonderful event.
    Thank you Royln... trust me brother, you do so much for everyone on here and are one of the best examples of a TRUE human being I have ever come across... thanks brother, and you have a fantastic family!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."