Home General Discussion

Smoking Inside

Just curious how many of you have either a Cigar room in your house or smoke inside? With the weather getting super cold in some areas I just wondered how yall deal with that.

Comments

• detached garage, No wife , no kids, no worries
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teege:
    Just curious how many of you have either a Cigar room in your house or smoke inside? With the weather getting super cold in some areas I just wondered how yall deal with that.
    i smoke inside, i live alone, i scratch anytime i want, my house smells like a b&m , i dont care,lol, i smoke with the doors open and windows open and celing fan running, its around 72 degrees here btw, , my bedroom houses my bed etc, with a ac running at 67 to keep my humis cool and i keep the door shut from where i smoke in the living room
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I smoke outside, Against the lease to light up in my place. When cold i hop in the car , turn up the heated seats, and throw in a good cd.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against the least. That sucks. I smoke outside on the back porch, which I've enclosed in plastic sheeting with a space heater. Vented at the top. It don't get warm but you don't freeze and are out of the wind.
  • still live with my parents, theyre against smoking so i usually go somewhere like a park oroutside with friends. but due to the cold weather coming im joining the b&m to smoke there.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Inside, the wife was gracious enough to give me one room in our house to put my stuff in since her and my daughter occupy every other room. I completely sealed off the room so the smoke doesn't travel into the rest of the house. The room has two windows and I use one as a fresh air intake and the other as exhaust. Plus I have a large air purifier in here.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    amz1301:
    Inside, the wife was gracious enough to give me one room in our house to put my stuff in since her and my daughter occupy every other room. I completely sealed off the room so the smoke doesn't travel into the rest of the house. The room has two windows and I use one as a fresh air intake and the other as exhaust. Plus I have a large air purifier in here.
    *drool*
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    deejmemixx:
    amz1301:
    *drool*
    Lol, it didn't happen over night. Had to keep working at it. Persistence paid off. She eventually gave in. The room's not huge but it works.
    amz1301:
    deejmemixx:
    amz1301:
    *drool*
    Lol, it didn't happen over night. Had to keep working at it. Persistence paid off. She eventually gave in. The room's not huge but it works.
    hell I would take the closet if I could.
  • Bubba3650Bubba3650 Posts: 84
    deejmemixx:
    amz1301:
    deejmemixx:
    amz1301:
    *drool*
    At least you still have my Man Cave (garage) to escape too! LOL
    Bubba3650:
    deejmemixx:
    amz1301:
    deejmemixx:
    amz1301:
    *drool*
    At least you still have my Man Cave (garage) to escape too! LOL
    yes indeed
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    amz1301:
    I have a very similar (very fortunate) set-up. We were blessed when we bought our new house for it to have enough rooms for me to have an office of my own. I don't work from my home office, but it houses my computer and entertainment system, as well as my guitars/amps and all my cigar stuff (humis/cooler/accessories). I smoke inside whenever I want, but out of respect for my wife and kids, I try to keep it to a minimum and smoke outside most of the time. I prob smoke about 3 a week in my office.
  • spokspok Posts: 35
    I'm sitting in the Garage right now with a propane heater sitting with the garage stereo running to a classic rock station with my laptop and a tasty stick. better than the 32* temps on the deck.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I pay the bills but the wifey says no to smokin cigars in the house. I can get a cigeratte in the bathroom, but cigar no....what do u do? Smoke in the cold or let them age for Spring....?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    My cigar smoking drops way down during the winter, but when I do smoke, its in the garage w/ a space heater during the winter

"Long ashes my friends."

• bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    spok:
    I'm sitting in the Garage right now with a propane heater sitting with the garage stereo running to a classic rock station with my laptop and a tasty stick.
    That's what I'm talking about.

I've always smoked on our back patio, not sure about now. I didn't start til this summer. I about froze my fingers off the other night. Time for plan b (aka garage) I guess.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Yeah, I'm an outside only smoker only wth a wife and little guy in the house. Plus we tried it way back before the little dude was born, and neither of us could hang with the stench the next morning. It smelled great while smoking (wife agreed too), but dang, the next morning our entire apartment smelled like an ashtray.

Outside smoking in the winter isn't so bad living in northern CA, but it still gets old, having to put on a jacket and hang out outside after work in the dark, so I usually end up smoking about half as much from October to march, than I do from April to Sept. So I smoke less and age more and usually spend the winter months working on the stash to align more with my current tastes. Stocking up on current favorites, etc, etc.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here is a Colorado winter smoking perspective: As many of you are aware, my living arabgments are a blessing and a curse in many ways. Due to that, I currently can't smoke in the house OR in the garage. So my only options are freeze my d**k off outside which pretty much ruins even the best smoke since it is so cold that you can't focus on the stick, OR smoke at the b&m. So I am always relegated to the b&m for my smoking, which get pricey fast... Recently had to make a drastic change in that so I went from getting a few (2-4) smoking sessions a week to now only 1 and only if I'm lucky. Sucks, but when the Mrs. and I get our first house, hopefully June or July 2012, one room will be converted to a smoking room and humidor. Wife already ok'd it and since I'm an adequate handyman I can build it all myself. Ventilation system, fireplace, airtight seal on door into the rest of the house, wall to wall and floor to ceiling bookcase, and either a hand made walk in humi or a full length wall to wall cabinet humi (think 5000+ capacity) that I will make myself and build into the interior wall.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    That will be awesome!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Teege:
    That will be awesome!
    +1

when you finish that bad boy, I will def make flight arrangements to Colorado!!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Teege:
    That will be awesome!
    +1

when you finish that bad boy, I will def make flight arrangements to Colorado!!
    Anyone and everyone will be welcome! I'm thinking it might be appropriate to have a "Fill the Humi" party LMAO!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I either smoke in my garage or my B&M. I'm personal enough with the owner and he's gotten so much of my money already I don't necessarily feel obligated to buy a stick everytime I go there.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i smoke at my B&M quite a bit in the winter. i still am down to about 1-2 cigars a week at that point. much less smoking in the evening at that point.