Home Cigar 101
Options

wet/damp cigars HELP!!!

Well I'm relatively new to cigars.... My current problem is that the cigars i have in my humidor are getting damp or moist, What is the best way to dry them out a bit?

Comments

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    You could "dry box" them if you had an empty cigar box. If not, just leave the the humidor open for a few hours. That will bring the humidity down and dry those cigars out for ya. Then its time to solve the real problem. Humidity. Do you have a digital hygrometer? Analogs can be very sketchy. Either way, whats the humidity level of the box? Also, I like to use beads for humidity. I haven't touched my beads or humidity in months! Those two items are a great way to control and monitor your humidity levels.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    jr_p951:
    You could "dry box" them if you had an empty cigar box. If not, just leave the the humidor open for a few hours. That will bring the humidity down and dry those cigars out for ya. Then its time to solve the real problem. Humidity. Do you have a digital hygrometer? Analogs can be very sketchy. Either way, whats the humidity level of the box? Also, I like to use beads for humidity. I haven't touched my beads or humidity in months! Those two items are a great way to control and monitor your humidity levels.
    +1 to what was noted. Something else to do/try as well - If you happen to have some extra Spanish ceder blocks, or pieces that you can add to your humi, that will help with the moisture that your having. I had to do the same thing in one of my tubberdor to balance out the R/H. Might need to do a salt test on what ever device you are using too just be to be on the safe side too. Keep us posted with the outcome.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip Humidy was 78.... happened after i tried using a dry mist crystal stick filled with xigar PG solution.