Home General Discussion

Nearly Green Gilled Myself...LOL

I've been enjoying a variety of mild and at most medium sticks over the past few months and really not with any regularity just on occasion. Lately I've been smoking more and without any ill effect. I pushed the limit a little the other night with a full bodied gal named 5 Vegas Miami. I only made about 1/3 of the cigar when I knew I had enough. I didn't get sick but my head was spinning and I got a little hot flash...LOL...Too much body way to fast for me. I'll hang out here in the mild and medium lounge for a little while longer. My buddy told me when he tried a Drew Estate Acid and he did green gill himself. Glad I only chartreuse gilled myself. HAHAHA. back to the lounge..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Try that smoke in a few months and see how it goes.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, had one hit me like that a year ago in the summer, hot morning, around 9 am, , empty stomach had a patel brothers maddy torpedo, i started sweating, shaking, stomach turning, came home sat in front of a fan about an hour or two before i started feeling better, and ate something,,lol
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    LOL! Everyone does it! I've been smoking cigars for a few years and just had my first 6 cigar day (MoW Special Forces Badge)! Stick around and you'll be in the fast lane before you know it!
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    spok, I feel you brother. That little firecracker, 5 vegas miami, is the only one i've not been able to finish; it lit me up. I was really looking forward to it too as I'd heard it was a good cigar.
  • spokspok Posts: 35
    bdmauk24:
    spok, I feel you brother. That little firecracker, 5 vegas miami, is the only one i've not been able to finish; it lit me up. I was really looking forward to it too as I'd heard it was a good cigar.
    From what I recall it certainly had a unique blend and flavor. Thanks boys, good to know i'm not the only knucklehead round these parts. LOL
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Been there a few times.. Not with the 5V miami,... but with a Fuentes Opus X Anejo, Oliva V Maduro, the Cusano LXI Habano Sun Grown, and a couple Camachos. Eat first, I always keep a cola drink at hand so when I start to feel that stomach thing happen, it settles me down.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    For me it was the DPG Serie JJ Maddy. Still makes me nervous just talking about it. :-)
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I go through phases of wanting full bodied smokes. Sometime I want that feeling of full body relaxation you get just before your head spins. Other times I just want a tasty smoke. Luckily there is no shortage of cigars to meet either need. :)
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spok:
    I've been enjoying a variety of mild and at most medium sticks over the past few months and really not with any regularity just on occasion. Lately I've been smoking more and without any ill effect. I pushed the limit a little the other night with a full bodied gal named 5 Vegas Miami. I only made about 1/3 of the cigar when I knew I had enough. I didn't get sick but my head was spinning and I got a little hot flash...LOL...Too much body way to fast for me. I'll hang out here in the mild and medium lounge for a little while longer. My buddy told me when he tried a Drew Estate Acid and he did green gill himself. Glad I only chartreuse gilled myself. HAHAHA. back to the lounge..
    If you have anymore lay them down for about a year and it will be great. I have most of a box that is in the 2 - 3 year mark and they are smoking great.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    jj20030:
    lol, had one hit me like that a year ago in the summer, hot morning, around 9 am, , empty stomach had a patel brothers maddy torpedo, i started sweating, shaking, stomach turning, came home sat in front of a fan about an hour or two before i started feeling better, and ate something,,lol
    Had that happen to me one time so far...sweats, stomach. Damn 5 Vegas Cask Strength II ROTT on an empty stomach while gettin boozed up. Big mistake.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I love full bodied smokes, but I tell ya what - Joya de Nicaragua Dark Antanos still make me wanna curl up in the fetal position every single time. LOL. I keep aging and revisiting them every so often waiting for them to mellow out, and they keep kicking my rear end. And don't feel any kind of shame at all about smoking mild and medium bodied sticks - you'd miss a lot of great cigars if you only smoked full bodies.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah. I never barfed or anything, but there were quite a few times when I first started smoking cigars that I got the head rush, and kick in the guts.
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Felt that way after an Oliva Serie V. Learned very quickly to do a little research before making purchases.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Good advice, couple it with a bowl of sweet cereal and that is the quickest fix!
  • Guess I'm too much of a 'nic addict. Been smoking those nasty pukearettes too long (have since switched to an e-cig, cigars, and a pipe now and again). I can only smoke a full bodied cigar these days! Anything mild or even medium I find myself inhaling, and that's not how I enjoy my cigars! That said, smoke what you like! Don't worry if you never develop a taste or tolerance for full bodied smokes, it's all about enjoyment! If you enjoy the mild/medium spectrum, keep smokin' and enjoying them!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just jumped right in smoking med and full, by accident of coarse I was an absolute noob and just figured darker colors meant more flavor. Didn't know that they're different bodies. I think the one that hit me the hardest was an Unholy Cocktail. But I loved it. Never gotten green yet just light headed and really relaxed.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    double post
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    This a funny thread.

I've been there a handful of times myself as i'm sure most have but the three times that stick out most in my mind are when I smoked a Padron Fumas about 7 or 8 years ago and was pretty new to the hobby and it got the better of me. Wish they still made those. When I smoked an LFD Ligero Chisel I think they they first came out with that shape, cuz it was a while ago, and still the only LFD I've ever had. hahaha. And about 6 or 7 months ago I smoked a punisher that kicked me in the ***. That cigar was WAY too much for me.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    I love full bodied smokes, but I tell ya what - Joya de Nicaragua Dark Antanos still make me wanna curl up in the fetal position every single time. LOL. I keep aging and revisiting them every so often waiting for them to mellow out, and they keep kicking my rear end. And don't feel any kind of shame at all about smoking mild and medium bodied sticks - you'd miss a lot of great cigars if you only smoked full bodies.
    Same story for me too, that JND just wrecks me.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    2x for me CAO America Bottlerocket & My Father le Bijou.. had to take a little nappy nap..Antano's are strong too fortunately was able to make it through it...
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    The funny thing about that JND I had was that my friend and I were each smoking one and he only smokes about once every 2 months but he was FINE and nubbed his. We both had the same dinner but somehow he was able to withstand the cigar better than me.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The Kid:
    2x for me CAO America Bottlerocket & My Father le Bijou.. had to take a little nappy nap..Antano's are strong too fortunately was able to make it through it...
    This is one of the things that makes our hobby such a funny puzzler - CAO Americas dont bother me in the least. LOL

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    My nemesis is the Brick. A medium to full bodied cigar that kicked my butt the last time I smoked it. Still I plan to smoke them again. As A matter of fact I have three in one of my humidors. Maybe I'll wage war on one after lunch............. :)