Home Cigar 101

Question - Smoking in the wind .....

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
OK so today I was smoking and it was a little breezy. When I put my cigar in the ashtray should I put the foot towards the wind or the cap ? My burn was a little funky today and I wasn't sure what works best.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    OK so today I was smoking and it was a little breezy. When I put my cigar in the ashtray should I put the foot towards the wind or the cap ? My burn was a little funky today and I wasn't sure what works best.

In a word, don't bother. Oh, wait, that's two words, isn't it? Anyway, I have yet to find a way to smoke in the wind and not have issues of one sort or another. If it's windy I go smoke in the garage.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    It wasn't all that windy just a nice breeze.......maybe 5 mph or so ... seemed like it might have affected my burn but I wasn't sure what everyone else does (or should I just correct as needed and enjoy my smoke?)
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Try to keep rotating the cigar around. Wind is funny but turning it helps. Also when one side is starting to tunnel keep it up not down. I know it is counter intuitive but it will help even it out.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    Try to keep rotating the cigar around. Wind is funny but turning it helps. Also when one side is starting to tunnel keep it up not down. I know it is counter intuitive but it will help even it out.
    thats it right there. if you are on a walk do the same thing.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    Keep the side that's burning faster up? Or the slower side? Cuz I've always put the slower side up but I was just guessing.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Yes, the faster side up will help even out the burn as long as you continue to smoke at a normal (slow) pace. It will help.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info brother.