Home Ratings & Reviews

Liga Privada No. 9

BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
Man I tell you I'm not a box purchaser ny nature but these have me thinking real hard after the one I had today. Differences between the 9 and 52? Any thoughts on the 9? I know I am a little late to the party on these but they are near the top of my price range for a single stick.

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Love the No9! Good luck trying to score a box and if you know a place who has number 9 toros in stock, let me know. Lots of sites have them on their webpage but when you call in, uhhhhh....we are out...

No9 Toro is my fav out of all the sizes!!
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    zeebra:
    Love the No9! Good luck trying to score a box and if you know a place who has number 9 toros in stock, let me know. Lots of sites have them on their webpage but when you call in, uhhhhh....we are out...

No9 Toro is my fav out of all the sizes!!
    Pm to you zeebra
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Definitely an awesome blend. The blends are totally different, but the big factor differentiating the T-52 and the No. 9 is the wrapper. The 9 uses Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro, where the T52 uses a Connecticut Stalk Cut Habano. T-52 is spicier and meatier, where the No. 9 has tons of coffee and sweet chocolate.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    docbp87:
    Definitely an awesome blend. The blends are totally different, but the big factor differentiating the T-52 and the No. 9 is the wrapper. The 9 uses Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro, where the T52 uses a Connecticut Stalk Cut Habano. T-52 is spicier and meatier, where the No. 9 has tons of coffee and sweet chocolate.
    Doc, I think this is what was making it so smooth the whole way thru. It was all coffee and chocolate making it more medium than a full. Big thanks to JJ for putting it in my humi.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Local b&m told me that there was a bad harvest so these are gonna be hard to come by. he has a box that he is aging, I tried to buy it from him but he isnt moving on it. its his personal stash.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heard production wont ramp up till 2013 again
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The new blend should be coming out sometime, same as the Liga Privada but all leaves are one priming lower. More of a medium body, more affordable and best of all more available.
    Went to the Local B&M yesterday and the guy had about five to ten of several vitolas, the toros included i believe. Even had a half box of flying pigs(T52) (15 a piece) didnt have any 9 pigs. He said they would be getting a shipment in Nov., but now that I hear they may be worse for wear compared to the ones in stock I may need to stock up.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Bombay:
    Went to the Local B&M yesterday and the guy had about five to ten of several vitolas, the toros included i believe. Even had a half box of flying pigs(T52) (15 a piece) didnt have any 9 pigs. He said they would be getting a shipment in Nov., but now that I hear they may be worse for wear compared to the ones in stock I may need to stock up.
    Sending PM
    PM replied.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bigharpoon:
    The new blend should be coming out sometime, same as the Liga Privada but all leaves are one priming lower. More of a medium body, more affordable and best of all more available.
    Kind of. Same crops, different primings, different blends, and different wrapper... San Andreas maduro if I'm not mistaken. really looking forward to it though.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    bigharpoon:
    Kind of. Same crops, different primings, different blends, and different wrapper... San Andreas maduro if I'm not mistaken. really looking forward to it though.
    Me too, although I thought it was much more similar than that. I didn't realize they changed the blend and the wrapper. I guess it's mostly just similar in spirit.
    Kid....PM Sent
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Bought a box of the No. 9 Toros a while back and have not even opened the box yet. Can't wait to though!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I picked up one the other day.. Gonna smoke it Wednesday when I'm off work .
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Had my first one from the box recently. YUM!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Had one the other day.. very good smoke and my first favorite.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    The No.9 is one of my favs, along with the T52 and the Undercrown (do yourself a favor and try both of those if you havent yet)