Home Cigar 101

Everyday Cigar

What is a good affordable every day cigar?

Comments

• rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Any of the Ccom house blends are good. Also check out the 5 Vegas gold and Classic. I really like the Classic and it is very affordable.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    fitch:
    What is a good affordable every day cigar?
    Hey fitch, you are 'supose to say hello first ! Welcome to the gathering. C. Com can't be beat for affordable house blends. Start here, read a bunch of posts, you will find what suits your taste and budget.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Fitch...welcome to the boards. If you have any humidor questions or some recommendations for smokes, take a look around at the old posts...loads of info waiting for you. But if you can't find something, don't be afraid to ask.

Thats the beauty of this place. Lots of cool people, with tons of knowledge.
  • fitchfitch Posts: 5

rmccloud:
    Any of the Ccom house blends are good. Also check out the 5 Vegas gold and Classic. I really like the Classic and it is very affordable.

Thank you very much. Hello all. Forgive me for my rude behavior. I am new to message boards. I really enjoy good cigars and hope to learn a lot from cigar.com...

BTW. Do cigars ever increase in value?

fitch:

rmccloud:

Thank you very much. Hello all. Forgive me for my rude behavior. I am new to message boards. I really enjoy good cigars and hope to learn a lot from cigar.com...

Value, maybe not. The price you will pay for a good rare cigar, that is more likely.. I don't think anyone collects cigars as an investment.. At least not here.
    kaspera79:
    fitch:

rmccloud:

Value, maybe not. The price you will pay for a good rare cigar, that is more likely.. I don't think anyone collects cigars as an investment.. At least not here.

Thank you. I see limited runs and collector tins, etc...Just didn't know if I was missing something.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Collectible items might increase in value. Even a rare cigar will increase to a point, after which it will quickly lose any value it once had. Take for example the Ashton VSG round, it was made as a mistake one time which makes it a rarity and worth quite a bit of money. However, at some point, assuming there are some left, it won't be worth much of anything to anyone but the collector. Value is subjective anyhow, I buy my cigars to smoke, not to look at and fondle once every 5 years, so from my standpoint it makes no sense to me to buy something I won't want to smoke ever.

You'll seldom be led astray by the likes of 5 Vegas, Oliva, Cusano, Fuente, Ashton, La Aurora and many others. The quality of cigars is probably the best it's ever been due to a more discerning clientele and high manufacturer standards.

...I seem to have trailed off at some point. I'm not even old yet and I'm already digressing..damn kids, get off my lawn!!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh. Welcome aboard. Free Frosty with meal purchase, every Thursday at Wendy's.
  • j0z3r:
    You'll seldom be led astray by the likes of 5 Vegas, Oliva, Cusano...
    I'll second all three of these and throw in CAO's. No matter what your preference, from mild to full, they have a blend that covers it. Most can be had in the sub $5 range if bought in boxes.
    jaytothen:
    j0z3r:
    I'll second all three of these and throw in CAO's. No matter what your preference, from mild to full, they have a blend that covers it. Most can be had in the sub $5 range if bought in boxes.
    I didn't include CAO in my list because I am the one person that doesn't seem to care for them.
  • j0z3r:
    jaytothen:
    j0z3r:
    I didn't include CAO in my list because I am the one person that doesn't seem to care for them.
    Not at all, i know a few that don't like them too. Personally, I love most they make, Brazilia, Italia, Mx2, Vision. Different strokes for different folks.
    j0z3r:
    jaytothen:
    j0z3r:
    Me, too. I haven't had just loads of them, but the ones I've had haven't impressed me. The Brazilia was good. I have an Italia that maddy sent me a while back, so we'll see about that one.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy the Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe. They can be had for just over $2 a stick, less if you buy in boxes. Cuesta-Rey Centenario are under $5 a stick and are also good smokes IMO. If you dig infused cigars, Drew Estate makes Isla Del Sol, which are supposed to be great coffee-flavored cigars for under $2 each.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Lots of good suggestions here and the one thing I would have to add is the Onyx Reserve! Great smoke for around $50 for a box of 20! One of my personal favorites and a great maduro! Put them in the humi for 6mos or more and they get a lot better. Anything by Oliva or the 5 Vegas Classic are my other two top choices for smokes that won't break your wallet but are still an outstanding cigar!
  • Another GREAT budget stick is the Padron Londres. It's only $2.50, but it tastes like a $10 stick.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    jaytothen:
    j0z3r:
    A friend and I have gone back and forth on CAO's, I being a fan and he is not. We have come to this conclusion. CAO is a take it or leave it kind of brand. All of their cigars, despite the many different blends, share a flavor profile. If you do not care for that flavor profile you probably won't like many if any of their sticks. THe same can be said of Davidoff and possibly Fuente.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    jaytothen:
    j0z3r:
    A friend and I have gone back and forth on CAO's, I being a fan and he is not. We have come to this conclusion. CAO is a take it or leave it kind of brand. All of their cigars, despite the many different blends, share a flavor profile. If you do not care for that flavor profile you probably won't like many if any of their sticks. THe same can be said of Davidoff and possibly Fuente.

Yeah, you can add me to the list of non believers. I just don't like the flavor profile of the CAO's.
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    jaytothen:
    j0z3r:

Yeah, you can add me to the list of non believers. I just don't like the flavor profile of the CAO's.
    Snob.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Hello and greeting to all, I have an iquiry to this Everyday Cigar section. I unfortunately spend m-f 8-5 at a "job", and would like a cigar for my 15-30min break, but I'm not sure what to look for. I dig the maduro's for sure, but I'm open to any and all suggestions, opinions and experience of the negative and positive nature. Thanks fellas
    CAO MX-2 Daggers. They come in a little tin, perfect 30 min smoke.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Backwoods (Just kiddin') Cohiba pasquale's - what I use for a short smoke-good for 20-30 minutes and a great smoke
    I've got a tin of Olor Fuertes that the seller threw in with the stuff I'd bought. Haven't tried one, yet, though.
    I know of that retailer...I've got an order coming in and they included a tin in mine too. Wonder if they're any good.

For a short smoke that is still of respectable quality, the 5 Vegas Shorty is worth looking into. It falls on the the more mild-medium side of things, but I recall it being pretty decent.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I guess I need to throw my ultimate Backwoods collection away... j/k I wouldn't touch one of those $hit sticks with a ten foot pole. My payday shopping list has been updated, thanks fellas
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    many good ideas here. My go to for an everyday smoke would be Sancho Panza
    kuzi16:
    many good ideas here. My go to for an everyday smoke would be Sancho Panza
    Ya here that guys.. When kuzi throws out a suggestion, buy it. I have smoked one of everything ( well, nearly) but never got around to Sancho Panza 'till I read a Kuzi post. This is great, affordable, and a must try in my opinion.
    Thanks for the great suggestions. I ended up trying  the Gran Habano #3 black label and bought a box of 5 Vegas Gold. I just couldn't find any Swisher Sweets on cigar.com. Just kiddin'. LMAO...
    fitch:
    Thanks for the great suggestions. I ended up trying  the Gran Habano #3 black label and bought a box of 5 Vegas Gold. I just couldn't find any Swisher Sweets on cigar.com. Just kiddin'. LMAO...
    That's a five minute time-out for even looking for any Swisher Shitz..