Home Cigar 101

got a box.

still shrink wrapped,no room in the humi. how long do i have before action needs to be taken.

Comments

• Will it fit in a zip lock bag?
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    StrongStyle:
    still shrink wrapped,no room in the humi. how long do i have before action needs to be taken.
    I would say a couple days, Any more and youll be subjecting it to whatever the humidity is of the room its in.. A zip loc baggie, is a great temp solution. I ran out of room in my coolidor and instead of buying another I bought one of those stackable storage containers from wallyworld for 10 bucks, that and a little weatherstripping around the top, and BAMMM I'm back....I can send pics if you like. One thing though since the storage container is not insulated it seems more sensitive to temp changes..
  • I did the same thing The Kid did...got my storage container from wally world for $7.50 and added a $3.00 1/2" foam weatherstrip from Home Depot. The end result is storage for 15+ boxes, you just cant beat that. Heres some pics

you can see the weatherstrip around the top in this one....

• i dont have any humi pillows or anything to throw in the ziplock bag. should i still throw em in there? just wary cause they arnt celloed so i dont wanna mess up th wrappers from moving em around too much.
  • yes definitely throw them in without the humi pillows...its such a small airspace that the humidity already in the cigars/cigar box will be fine for at least a week.
  • AJGARLETT:
    yes definitely throw them in without the humi pillows...its such a small airspace that the humidity already in the cigars/cigar box will be fine for at least a week.
    sounds good.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    StrongStyle:
    AJGARLETT:
    yes definitely throw them in without the humi pillows...its such a small airspace that the humidity already in the cigars/cigar box will be fine for at least a week.
    sounds good.
    I'm not sure I'd risk it... Happy to PM you my address to store them away for you.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Time for the coolidor my friend. Search the forums for how-to's and make sure to post up pics of how it comes out. :-)

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The Sniper:
    Time for the coolidor my friend. Search the forums for how-to's and make sure to post up pics of how it comes out. :-)

This. The slope is more slippery than you thought DJ. A coolerdor really is the most financially viable way to store boxes though, IMO. For less than 100 bucks, you can have as much perfect storage space as a small cabinet humidor, and more than a wine fridge (which is another great option though IMO)
  • docbp87:
    The Sniper:

This. The slope is more slippery than you thought DJ. A coolerdor really is the most financially viable way to store boxes though, IMO. For less than 100 bucks, you can have as much perfect storage space as a small cabinet hum idor, and more than a wine fridge (which is another great option though IMO)
    Probably go for the coolidor in a couple months. The slippery slope is reallly slippery haha. I rwmeber when all I would do is every six months walk into the b&m and buy a couple olivas.never thought is have two boxes and a full humidor haha.
  • Do you have a hygrometer in your humidor? If so, take it out and see what the humidity is outside of the humidor. In San Francisco, there's virtually no change - the humidity outside of my humidor is usually in the mid-60s. Makes me wonder why I even both with a humidor :)
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    AJGARLETT:
    I did the same thing The Kid did...got my storage container from wally world for $7.50 and added a $3.00 1/2" foam weatherstrip from Home Depot. The end result is storage for 15+ boxes, you just cant beat that. Heres some pics

you can see the weatherstrip around the top in this one....

What is the box with the anarchy symbol on it? That rocks
  • Direwolf:
    AJGARLETT:
    I did the same thing The Kid did...got my storage container from wally world for $7.50 and added a $3.00 1/2" foam weatherstrip from Home Depot. The end result is storage for 15+ boxes, you just cant beat that.
    What is the box with the anarchy symbol on it? That rocks

Thats a box of Tatuaje Anarchy's