Home Cigar 101

Camacho Triple Maduro "Box"???

The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
Ordered a box of these in the robusto size, and when they arrived yesterday the box they came in was not a traditional cigar box but this chincy cardboard box like a box of ink pens would come in! Will post a pic tonight when I get home but this doesn't seem right... anyone else received a box of these like this? Seems very un-Camacho-like.

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I have only ever ordered the 6X60 on these and they come in a really really nice black and silver wood box...with nice hardware...
  • Sounds like the gurka guerrilla warfare type treatment where they get rid of the fancy packaging and sell the cigars for cheaper ( if you indeed get them cheaper). Ive never been able to afford a box so this is a shot in the dark. Maybe smoke one to tell if it's the real deal? Interested I seeing a pick of this either way.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I'd like to see a pic as well. All of the boxes I've ever seen foe them have been VERY nice.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    I have only ever ordered the 6X60 on these and they come in a really really nice black and silver wood box...with nice hardware...
    lol, yeah I like these big guys. I've ordered 4 boxes thus far always a nice box. My wife actually uses one of the empty one's for her bracelets.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    WHAT?! The box is not a bonus! I think the Camacho Triple Maduro box is a great box and part of the reason I'd pick it up. Maybe they'll send you one if you e-mail them.
  • just got a box of the robustos in a couple days ago...was the typical high-quality black and silver camacho box.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I've gone through about 10 boxes over the past few years in all the different vitolas, and they've all been the "regular" Camacho 3M box. Who did you order through? Sounds fishy.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Yeah sounds really fishy, where or who did you order from? Assuming you can post it here.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    My first thought would be to ask how many cigars were in the "box"?

I think usually they run 21 to a box so maybe if you got a round number, like 20 or 25 you really bought a bundle and not a box. Then that would actually be pretty nice packaging for a bundle. I don't know, just throwing out ideas. Hope you get it sorted out soon though.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    sounds like you got hosed buddy. Like someone just grabbed 20 sticks and threw them in a cheap box and sent it to you. I'd call and say WTF if the box means that much to you, but you did get the correct number of cigars? Just makes me wonder where the cigars really came from...

"Long ashes my friends."

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    OK folks, here's what I WAS talking about...

Apparently the long hours at work are taking more of a toll on me than I realized - had a thought about noon today that I confirmed when I got home...

Yeah... turns out I didnt get screwed on this "too good to be true" deal - Im just an overtired moron who was completely swerved by a "box within a box wrapped in the Saran Wrap looking stuff"! Yeah, I feel a lot like Homer Simpson right now. LOL Anyway, for your viewing enjoyment... first the ACTUAL BOX and not just the PACKAGING it comes in....

... and then the beauties themselves, pretty as you please!

OK then so, in closing, my feelings of stupidity (and they are significant LOL) are tempered somewhat by the fact that I got this box for damned near $70 less than MSRP. And they're a nice, smaller size which I hope will keep my fingers from freezing off while Im smoking them this winter. :-)

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Heh, that's funny. Thats my favorite size. It's like a 2 hour smoke for me though. ymmv.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Well, I feel better for you already.. That's good to hear. Enjoy them.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    THAT"S HALARIOUS!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Funny!
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    "Doh!" Although the 11/18 is my absolute favorite vitola, the robusto works well in the colder weather.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    LOL! Love to robo, also a 2hr smoke for me. Glad you got it worked out ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I am glad you got rid of the blonde hair. The triple maduro is always the cigar I select when I go to a B&M.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny. Can't hardly believe you didn't immediatley open the box to look at your new sticks. Must have just been in shock from seeing that cardboard box when you were expecting something really nice.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Rhamlin:
    That's funny. Can't hardly believe you didn't immediatley open the box to look at your new sticks. Must have just been in shock from seeing that cardboard box when you were expecting something really nice.
    More indicative of how busy Ive been lately, and that wont let up til the end of the year at the earliest.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    lmao it happens to everybody brother! At least you got some great sticks on a great deal