Home General Discussion

Wrapper, Binder, Filler

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
I can't find the filler for Gurkha Regent or the binder for the Rocky Patel signature, does anyone know? I am keeping a catalog of the cigars I have smoked to try and get an idea of what I may like to try in the future. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Well I have a box of the Signatures and they are quite flavorful, reminded me of butterscotch treats, just spent a while googling for the binder and came up empty, all references just said filled with Central American tobacco,
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    For the Signature, I got as far as finding that the filler is a mix of Nicaraguan and Honduran, the wrapper is Ecuadorian, but can't find the binder at all.
  • Gurkha Regent:
    Havana 2000 Wrapper, Indonesian Binder, Dominican, Nicaraguan Ligero Filler
    from Gurkha website
    Thanks.
  • your welcome
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    For the Signature, I got as far as finding that the filler is a mix of Nicaraguan and Honduran, the wrapper is Ecuadorian, but can't find the binder at all.
    Nicaraguan binder on the Signature.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    all you guys were far too quick.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I received a handy dandy Perelman's Pocket Cyclopedia of Cigars free with an order I placed, that little book is sweet, makes looking up critical info a breeze.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I received a handy dandy Perelman's Pocket Cyclopedia of Cigars free with an order I placed, that little book is sweet, makes looking up critical info a breeze.
    i have the same book.... got it from the holiday exchange here.

...this case however, i was gunna look on the gurkha website. they got it all there.
    j0z3r:
    Yeah, I thought I was going to get one of those too. However, when I placed my order, the freebie had changed to a bundle of "maker's choice". I didn't even add them to my cart.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Wow.. this nerdery reminds me that I was putting together a detailed explanation of the spreadsheet I use to track my cigars... I don't think I ever finished that. I need to see where I left off, and get back to work :)
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Wow.. this nerdery reminds me that I was putting together a detailed explanation of the spreadsheet I use to track my cigars... I don't think I ever finished that. I need to see where I left off, and get back to work :)
    Indeed.