Home General Discussion
Options

Calling out to the WOMEN Cigar smokers

Good morning all, I was sitting with my husband over coffee and a Don Pepin this morning, flipping through emails and the like. I asked him "I wonder if there are any blogs for WOMEN cigar smokers?" Much to my disappointment I found ONLY TWO!!! The one, www.Hercigar.com, has not had any posts since June of this year. The other was here in 2008, when a woman asked to meet with anyone to share a cigar. She was a new smoker and wanted the input of well seasoned smokers. I know that I am in the minority with all of the male smokers out there, but a few of us women REALLY ENJOY the cigar experience. I have been smoking off and on for over 15yrs., more so in the last 4 or 5 since meeting and teaching my husband to enjoy the experience. I look forward to having the quite time in the morning with my Hubby before we rush off to meet the day, he a university professor, me a stay at mom. We have a busy schedule with our daughter's basketball and everyday life. We also enjoy the having a a drink and cigar in the evening after she has gone to bed. So back to my point... ARE THERE ANY WOMEN CIGAR SMOKERS OUT THERE??? We need to unite and form a great blog, website with the experiences we have had, willingness to learn from others etc. Thanks for taking the time to look. Have a great day, and SMOKE ON!!! Katt

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    not sure but I'll be the first to say welcome here and hopefully you will visit frequently.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Not a woman either but your welcome to be a part of our awesome forums we welcome everyone the same :)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome, glad to have you. I don't feel one's gender matters much when it comes to an appreciation of fine cigars. I hope you'll feel welcomed to share your thoughts and experiences with us.

Joe
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! We just recently had another lady join the forum...her name on the forum is salem. Maybe yoe can share some of your experience with her as she is new to the world of cigars!

Here's the link to her profile:

http://www.cigar.com/cs/members/Salem.aspx

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Welcome to the forum! We just recently had another lady join the forum...her name on the forum is salem. Maybe yoe can share some of your experience with her as she is new to the world of cigars!

Here's the link to her profile:

http://www.cigar.com/cs/members/Salem.aspx

And wasn't there another lady making an appearance in just the last couple days, Dwayne? If memory serves me rightly, her moniker was something like Stephanieallen or something similar. I did a little looking but can't seem to locate the thread she appeared in. Maybe you can help/remember her............
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and welcome to the forum, Katt68. Your moniker is very appealing - my wife and I are cat lovers and the Padilla '68 is one of my favorites. Can't miss with a combo like that. Hope you enjoy the boards and continue to participate.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard Katt68
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Oddly there have been like 5 women in the past couple weeks who have joined and posted (only odd that it was all around the same time). While this forum is mostly guys, I want to welcome all the new women, and hope you stick around and join the madness.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    On a side note, there are women groups and blogs. You have the Smkin Hot Cigar Chick's blog, the FB group Ladies of the Leaf, Ladies' Smokin Club fb group, and cigarladypdx blog. I hope you find a womans group that you like, but also hope you stick around here too. Best of luck
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    Oddly there have been like 5 women in the past couple weeks who have joined and posted (only odd that it was all around the same time). While this forum is mostly guys, I want to welcome all the new women, and hope you stick around and join the madness.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. Maybe Kelley can reach out to you when she logs on. In the same it is a lot of information to be found within many threads on the forum. And if you have a question, by all means. Post it and I'm sure you'll get a answer.....
    R
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there's a few brothers on here who have wives that enjoy a smoke. It would be cool to have more SOTL's on here. ( but then the daily hottie might take a weird turn??)
  • Options
    Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    Giggles! I love your comment about the look of " the hottie of the week". I know I would like to see a great looking man shirtless smoking a nice cigar.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Katt68:
    Giggles! I love your comment about the look of " the hottie of the week". I know I would like to see a great looking man shirtless smoking a nice cigar.
    Around here that statement screams, be careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    Glad to have you! My girlfriend joins me just about everytime I smoke. It's a great thing we share. Hope you stick around! By the way, what are some of your go-to smokes?
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Katt68:
    She said "great looking."
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    This is exactly what your looking for Katt isnt it?!?

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Ken Light:
    Marker:
    Katt68:
    She said "great looking."
    And I am sure there are some that have a very loose interpretation of what that means.

Teege, not enough chest hair.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Teege:

ROFL! Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Katt68:
    id send ya my pic but my wife might get mad...
    speaking of my wife...
    she will sit down and have a cigar with me now and then. im not so sure id call her a smoker, but she knows more about cigars than the average cigar smoker. She even went to Nicaragua with me. Women smokes are out there.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    j0z3r:
    Welcome, glad to have you. I don't feel one's gender matters much when it comes to an appreciation of fine cigars. I hope you'll feel welcomed to share your thoughts and experiences with us.

Joe
    couldn't have said it any better myself Joe, Welcome to the forums katt, Gender as nothing to do with enjoying a good smoke. hope you stick around a while this is a great bunch of BOTLs and a few SOTLs as well.
  • Options
    Some of my go to smokes are anything Tatuaje, Pepin My Father Le Bijou, E.P. Carrillo Maduro.
  • Options
    WOW!!! What can I say to THAT??? HE IS HOOOTTTT!!! Kind of looks like a guy I dated back in high school...
  • Options
    Joe, I TOTALLY AGREE with you :) I am just looking to find other women to chat and share our experiences with. My husband and I go to a local shop where I feel very much at home. There are only two of us women that go on a regular basis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hi and welcome to the forums. It would be great to see things from a different perspective. I hope you will share your knowledge of cigars with everyone and stick around. One big family here.
  • Options
    Kuzi16 id send ya my pic but my wife might get mad... speaking of my wife... she will sit down and have a cigar with me now and then. im not so sure id call her a smoker, but she knows more about cigars than the average cigar smoker. She even went to Nicaragua with me. Women smokes are out there. We ( hubby and I) are also headed to Nicaragua in Janurary. I can't wait!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool Katt you guys have a great time.
  • Options
    Ok since I am the new kid here what does BOTL and SOTL stand for?
  • Options
    Brother and Sisters of the leaf
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Been here since 2009 and all of a sudden two SOTLs in a month? About time we break up the sausagefest. Although if I do remember correctly, Smokee was a SOTL as well, but I haven't seen her post in a very long time.

Anyhoo, welcome and I hope you stick around. I don't know of a lot of women cigar blogs, but I think the forums here are some of the best you can find on the internets.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teege:

TJ, where's all his tattoos? LMAO

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb