Home Cigar 101

Question about chisle tip cigars

DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
How far back do you cut these when smoking them? Had an LFD Double Ligero tonight and cut back 3 times and still couldn't get a decent drawl. Probably cut back a good quarter inch or so .

Comments

• hmmm...could have just been the stick? I typically never cut a chisel. On my LFD Airbender's I usually just pinch it from the sides and crack the wrapper...works like a charm. Sorry I couldn't help more.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    AJGARLETT:
    hmmm...could have just been the stick? I typically never cut a chisel. On my LFD Airbender's I usually just pinch it from the sides and crack the wrapper...works like a charm. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Funny I was about to submit the same exact response. Its a different type of draw on this cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    AJGARLETT:
    hmmm...could have just been the stick? I typically never cut a chisel. On my LFD Airbender's I usually just pinch it from the sides and crack the wrapper...works like a charm. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    thats what i do too.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I have to get another one. One good thing I've learned here is to always try again and again .
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I either pinch like Kuzi said, or punch the top.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The guy who owns my local B&M, a huge LFD double ligero chisel fan, swears by the double punch. One punch on top and another below so the smoke hits the roof of your mouth and your palate. I've never tried it but I'm going to on my next chisel.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had a chisel headed cigar but I've wondered how you cut it. Now I know for when I get one.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    The guy who owns my local B&M, a huge LFD double ligero chisel fan, swears by the double punch. One punch on top and another below so the smoke hits the roof of your mouth and your palate. I've never tried it but I'm going to on my next chisel.
    What an interesting approach...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The manufacturers I saw who make some of these just pinch them open.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    This one had a drawl like a really thick shake. Made the vein in my forhead popout lol. I'll get another one to try and this time just do the pinch.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Wow I have never heard of the "pinch" technique. I am pretty curious about this now. I have not smoked any of the chisels and this has got me wanting to try one.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive tried it and im not a fan personally. however, it does make sense. there are stems on pipes that have holes on the top instead of on the tip of the stem. this moves the smoke away from the tongue and there will be less tongue bite.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I pinch. Once in a while I'll bite.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    At the B&M a few months back I saw a girl about to smoke a cigar bite the tip off and then pick tobacco out of her mouth after for the next 10min...she was hot, until she made that mistake.