Home Ratings & Reviews

Gran Habano Fuerte, thoughts?

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bit on the GH Fuerte deal, thinking "I'm never disappointed by GH", then I remembered the Vintage Churchill that required a month of dry-boxing to burn. So, they aren't here yet, and I'm wondering what anyones experience with these have been? Thanks.
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Curious to find out myself. Like Amos though I am a GH fan in general...many of their sticks are underrated. I generally have a few different GH's in the humi at all times.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    One of the reasons I like Gran Habanos is their wrappers. Aged and creamy.
    One of the reasons I don't like them is their wrappers. They just burn funky. I've learned not to put them in the humidor. A dry box, perhaps.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I love GH stuff. That is all.

• Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Someone shot me a couple of these awhile back and I tried it out after they sat for awhile and I was impressed, very good smoke. I don't think you will be disappointed. The smoke was a nice spicy smoke with a little cinnamon coffee flavor throughout and ending with a strong spicy taste.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good, thanks all!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Bit on the GH Fuerte deal, thinking "I'm never disappointed by GH", then I remembered the Vintage Churchill that required a month of dry-boxing to burn. So, they aren't here yet, and I'm wondering what anyones experience with these have been? Thanks.
    If your lookng for a very good daily burner IMO its a fantastic deal
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I want to try these too, I don't want to commit to a box yet, even though they are on sale, and I keep missing that 6 pack of 3 each of the fuerte and 2002 on the Sprint sale, damnit! Lol.
    Wait, what's the difference between the fuerte, and the azteca fuerte?
    asianbiker8:
    Never heard of the first one. Do you mean the Azteca and the Azteca Fuerte?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    asianbiker8:
    Never heard of the first one. Do you mean the Azteca and the Azteca Fuerte?

He probably does, that's likely my fault for creating the post this way. ooops

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    The Azteca Fuerte I had was good for the first half but then went crazy after the 1/2 way point...it was overwhelming with lots of ammonia and a harsh barnyard taste, I am hoping with a few months rest they will be a good value smoke
    Sorry, yes, what is the difference between the azteca, and the azteca fuerte?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am totally confused as to which stick we are talking about now
    We were talking about the gran habano azteca fuerte, then I confused everything by asking what the difference was between the azteca fuerte and the azteca.
    I'm a huge fan of both.
    The regular Azteca is a smooth and super sweet double maddy.
    The Azteca Fuerte has a bit more pepper and spice.
    Both of hem are great smokes. As a matter of fact I need to get some of the regular Azteca.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    After reading this thread I smoked my second and last Azteca. I'm still in accordance with my original thoughts, they're just 'meh' tasting. Not bad but not really all that great either. In general I'm a big fan of Gran Habano but I think I'll be keeping room for the #1 and #3 instead.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    After reading this thread I smoked my second and last Azteca. I'm still in accordance with my original thoughts, they're just 'meh' tasting. Not bad but not really all that great either. In general I'm a big fan of Gran Habano but I think I'll be keeping room for the #1 and #3 instead.
    Are you referring to the Fuerte??? Yeah the 1 & 3 are my favs also out of their regular line
    The Kid:
    bigharpoon:
    Are you referring to the Fuerte??? Yeah the 1 & 3 are my favs also out of their regular line
    I agree with that the #1 and the #3 are great. Though I haven't met a Gran Habano I haven't liked.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    bigharpoon:
    No, not the Fuerte, the original Azteca. It tasted okay and for the price was just fine but I don't like them enough to buy more even at their price. Too many cigars out there that are more to my liking.

I think Gran Habano is a lot like Perdomo, some of their cigars are great, a lot of their cigars are okay but when you look at their pricing vs. the quality of cigar you're getting it's an amazing comparison. I have a lot of respect for both companies even though most of their cigars don't knock my socks off.