Home Cigar 101

candles that eliminate smoke?

hey guys, with winter here i cant really smoke outside in comfort anymore, i tryed the propane heater way but dont care for it, can you guys suggest a good brand of candles that eliminate the smell of smoke now that im going to try smoking inside and i dont want to make other members of my house hold mad? ive tryed some sprays of different brands but the sprays have not worked well..so im hoping candles work better?

Comments

• The candles will only mask the smell while the candle is burning. Ventilation is the key. Have a window cracked open in the room you're smoking in will help a lot. I've used the candles that heartfelt sells and they do smell great but dont eliminate the smell if there's no ventilation.
  • OZIUM Air Sanitizer. Expensive as all hell considering how small the can is and you probably need one for each room, but I've heard it does the job.

I plan on using it when my folks come to visit in spring.

• CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    OZIUM Air Sanitizer. Expensive as all hell considering how small the can is and you probably need one for each room, but I've heard it does the job.

Wow, I didn't know Ozium was still on the market. That was easily the best spray I ever used to eliminate smoke from a room in my youth. I agree that the best choice is to ventilate the smoke asap. Ozium will clear the air, but walls, carpeting etc., not so much.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    denali7432:
    hey guys, with winter here i cant really smoke outside in comfort anymore, i tryed the propane heater way but dont care for it, can you guys suggest a good brand of candles that eliminate the smell of smoke now that im going to try smoking inside and i dont want to make other members of my house hold mad? ive tryed some sprays of different brands but the sprays have not worked well..so im hoping candles work better?
    There is a thread in the General Cigar Topic (on 2nd page now) about how to smoke indoors. It's titled smoking in the cold, or something like that. Good info there.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    drpepperdude:
    OZIUM Air Sanitizer. Expensive as all hell considering how small the can is and you probably need one for each room, but I've heard it does the job.

I use this stuff in my car. It works.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Never found a spray that works. Ventilation is the key in my house. I usually smoke in my office but I have the window open and a fan too. Then again I don't smoke a lot in there. Incense works well too. Either the stuff you buy at hot topic or what have you or you can go to bath and body works and get their oils. Seems to work well. there's like a oil called sumatra or something, mix that with strawberry and it's amazing.
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    I would probably never smoke indoors. I have bought sprays and all those goods but over time you might not be able to tell but someone who is not a smoker will walk in and be able to smell the odor. The smoke unfortunately gets into cloth, carpet, ceiling acoustic, and ventilation and just sticks. Over time the smell good odor will dissipate and the odor of cigar will creep out.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Sometimes I get candles from friends in the mail. They only create smoke.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I just got one of those smoke odor eliminating candles, I smoke indoors regularly so I figured I'd give it a shot. I use an exhaust fan in the window next to my couch where I smoke so that really takes care of most of the smoke and smell. But onto the candle I've used it the past couple times I've smoked and I honestly can't tell you if it's made any difference at all, but it does smell nice.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    plugins from bath and body.
  • brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    Ok all... Here it is, The Lampe Berger! It is AMAZING!!! burn it for 20 minutes and all odor is gone. A little pricey but works great... this is the link http://www.imperialgalleries.com/index.php