Home General Discussion

I got a good one.

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
So as every male here with a female in their life know, Saturday was Valentines day. Well my wife and I decided our Valentines present to each other was a weekend out of town. We went back to the town where we went to college for the weekend, hung out with some old friends.

Well Saturday, V-Day, we all went to the local B&M(a friend, another friend and his wife, me and my wife). Well sneakily behind my back my wife is trying to buy me the pipe that I've been wanting bc this shop actually has it in stock. Well I caught on and told her we don't need to be spending that kind of money right now(its a Savinelli Churchwarden, not cheap), she gets a little bummed and asks if there is anything else I need. I tell her I need a new travel humi but its not a priority, my old aluminum one got bent all up during a flight and doesn't seal so I use ziplock bags to keep humidity and the aluminum case just keeps them from being beat up in transit.

Well a little later that day she finds the Xikar crush-proof herf-a-dor and three Cusano Sun-Growns (which is what I was smoking there and she liked them) and sneaks them to the register and walks over afterwards and says happy Valentines. I think I have a keeper, glad I already married her.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

Great story - she is a keeper maddy

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    So as every male here with a female in their life know, Saturday was Valentines day.
    it was?

...oops.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    you know, im a ripe old 29 years old, and I have yet to have a gf on valentines day. have I just been lucky? I dont think so, its a day where all my freinds are off doing some grand romantic crap with their significant others and I am stuck with nothing to do but sit at home and think about how lonely I am. damn I hate valentines day.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    jihiggs:
    you know, im a ripe old 29 years old, and I have yet to have a gf on valentines day. have I just been lucky? I dont think so, its a day where all my freinds are off doing some grand romantic crap with their significant others and I am stuck with nothing to do but sit at home and think about how lonely I am. damn I hate valentines day.
    Do you break up right before Valentines, B-Day, or Chirstmas to avoid buying gifts? Don't laugh, we all thought about it from time to time.

jihiggs:

don't worry -by not having a girlfriend on valentines day if you forget or worse yet buy something she deems not worthy .... you avoid your own personal St. Valentines Day Massacre ......

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    jihiggs:
    Do you break up right before Valentines, B-Day, or Chirstmas to avoid buying gifts? Don't laugh, we all thought about it from time to time.
    LMAO, I've definetly done it. Not with this one obviously but I've done it.
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    So as every male here with a female in their life know, Saturday was Valentines day.
    it was?

...oops.
    I hope you're kidding buddy ... divorces are expensive.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    it was?

...oops.

I think kuzi and his better half choose to rise above the superficiality of V-day....I could be wrong.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    madurofan:
    ... divorces are expensive.
    Because, like a fine cigar... they're worth it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    it was?

...oops.

I think kuzi and his better half choose to rise above the superficiality of V-day....I could be wrong.
    i was kidding...

and

rise above ? not so much. I always work for V-day. and to be honest, neither of us care.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Definitely sounds like you have a keeper Maddy. You better hang on to her.

Shoot, V-Day is just a warning for me. It's the day before my anniversary.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    So Maddy, the question remains - what did you do/get for your wife?

My wife and daughter were at a dance competition all day on Saturday for my daughter. My wife made two dozen cupcakes the night before and my black lab ate 19 of them shortly thereafter. I didn't get my wife anything, and yet she still loves me, unsentimental basturd that I am.
  • jihiggs:
    Don't feel bad, you could of been like me. My girlfriend of 7 years(which we were going to get married at the end of this year) left me last week and went to Hawaii with someone she met online... The whole time she was telling me she was up north with her family trying to clear her head so when she came back we would work on fixing it.
  • Henry1Henry1 Posts: 20
    deaDKennedys:
    jihiggs:
    Don't feel bad, you could of been like me. My girlfriend of 7 years(which we were going to get married at the end of this year) left me last week and went to Hawaii with someone she met online... The whole time she was telling me she was up north with her family trying to clear her head so when she came back we would work on fixing it.
    Thats harsh mate. But look on the bright side at least you didn't have to fork out a bomb for valentines day. More money for cigars
    Luko:

My wife and daughter were at a dance competition all day on Saturday for my daughter. My wife made two dozen cupcakes the night before and my black lab ate 19 of them shortly thereafter. I didn't get my wife anything, and yet she still loves me, unsentimental basturd that I am.
    I got her a big old pile of nothing. THe trip was supposed to be our gift to each other. Even after I thanked her repeatedly for the herfador she kept thanking me for taking her. Good woman ...
  • sound's like she's the best

but my wife topped that with a box of vsg churchills & diamond crown max. # 4

two bottles of champ. fireside at home topped of with 2-1/2 thick 2 lb prime rib

what a night !!!!!!!

and of course her for desert w/ whipped cream

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Nice story maddy. she sounds like a keeper to me. I went to the B&M on Friday and asked about a box of the camancho 3x maduro's and it was about 255. My wife said you might as well since the taxes. I was shocked, 250! well I passed since I ordered a box for about 177. But still I was shocked.
    Yea the triple maddy's are expensive. No doubt about that.
    yeah but worth it! especially at about 180. have you had one maddy?
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    not to tump ya Maddy but...
    my wife tells me she is pregnant on Vday. I was cautiously happy since it is early but it looks like the real deal. I am still surprised...there's gonna be another bad andy running around. Pray for us.
    madurofan:
    Luko:

I got her a big old pile of nothing. THe trip was supposed to be our gift to each other. Even after I thanked her repeatedly for the herfador she kept thanking me for taking her. Good woman ...
    you still better get her something...they never forget
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Wow, congratulations, Andy!! Is that your first? I still remember when my wife told me she was pregnant with our first. I'm sure a lot of guys can say that, but I bet the reactions were pretty wide-ranging. I was glad :)

For Valentine's day, I got her a card, which I almost forgot because I was in a 3-day meeting last week, and was distracted by the B&M I found in the overstreet mall downstairs. How could we have had a B&M uptown for all these years and I'd never known? And the selection was incredible! She got me a card and some Reese's PB cups... and then I ordered myself a humidor. I love me :)
    Bad Andy:
    my wife tells me she is pregnant on Vday. I was cautiously happy since it is early but it looks like the real deal. I am still surprised...there's gonna be another bad andy running around. Pray for us.
    Hey buddy ... congrats!!!! Let us know when its all confirmed and everything. We'll have to give you a baby shower, Ccom forum style ... shower you with cigars to smoke fro celebration!
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    Luko:

you still better get her something...they never forget
    Neh. Shes not that kind thankfully. She just tells it how it is, no matter the consequence. If you put her in charge of foreign policy we'd get nuked in a matter of days. Probably by Canada. I would known if it bothered her, lol.
    Thanks y'all. I will keep ya posted. I am happy, she is really happy. I am like a deer in headlights though. We have 2 from her previous marriage so she has been through all this before, I'm learning as I go, should be interesting.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Bad Andy:
    Congrats brother. Keep up the good work :-)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    madurofan:
    [I got her a big old pile of nothing. THe trip was supposed to be our gift to each other. Even after I thanked her repeatedly for the herfador she kept thanking me for taking her. Good woman ...
    You got her trained well Lucky SOB! :-)

Bad Andy:

congrats buddy -

so andy, what cigars does your new addition like, I'll send a package! =)
    I'd love to set aside a handfull of smokes to enjoy with him (I'm praying its a him) when he is of age.