Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel

Hey guys. I have a friend who is always smoking Rocky Patels. I wanted to buy him a 5er or something, but there are so many, I don't know what they would call their best. I've tried the Decade and Edge. What is their best ?

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    In my opinion one of his newest releases the RP May 28, 2011 Unica. It was released in a limited 500 boxes of 100. So much better than the Decades, Edge, and Cameroon that I like.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Hey guys. I have a friend who is always smoking Rocky Patels. I wanted to buy him a 5er or something, but there are so many, I don't know what they would call their best. I've tried the Decade and Edge. What is their best ?
    I like those two you mentioned the rennaisance and the 15th Anniv,,,I like the conny too but did not care for his signature series at all, the owr stuff is just ok.IMO
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    If he is a good friend I would go with som RP winter collection 2012.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Patel Bro's is a great smoke and paired really well with hot chocolate, so perfect for the winter months. Also Olde World Maduro was great.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I like the OWR Corojo and Maduro as well as the Vintage 1990. I like the Decade too, but everyone talks about the blend being changed and not nearly as good anymore. Not sure if I've had the old or new blend.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    If your friend is already a fan, ( as I am) he would probably like the Vintage series 1990, 1992, and maybe the 1999. I am not a fan of the 1999.. The new 2003 is really nice as well. He would enjoy the Decade, and Edge.... and I do like the Patel Brothers cigar. There is a Patel Brothers "Next" cigar, that is interesting too. Best is a matter of opinion.
    As a reference point I did not like the 1961 though. But, I tried it because of the many good experiences I had with Patel's stuff.
  • jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    Rocky Patel vintage 1990 and 1992 I really like......Edge was OK but really love the 90 & 92.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Thanks guys. I've had the edge and decade and a few of the others, and I think that's what he smokes, but I was perhaps looking for one of their over-the-top cigars, if they exist. I'll probably look into the 1992 Vintage and, if I can find them, something from the newer lines.
    Always thankful for the input BOTLs.
    Thanks
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    92 and 90 are great i think i liked the 92 a little better
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Patel Bro's is a great smoke and paired really well with hot chocolate, so perfect for the winter months. Also Olde World Maduro was great.
    I really enjoyed the Patel Bro
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Not really a big fan of RP stuff besides the Edge Maduro (almost black!) and the 1992 Vintage. My buddy seems to like them a lot and he prefers the NRA tribute stick over any he's had so far.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Ken Light:
    I's say a big thumbs up to the Olde World maduro, but I thought the Patel Bros was just another good everyday cigar. The MOW kicks it's ass.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    beatnic:
    Decade Decade Decade, RP 15th Anniversary and Old World Reserve.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    If you can find it, the rp valedor. Great stick IMO.

"Long ashes my friends."

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised nobody has put forth the Sun Grown, RP's best stick in my opinion. The Decade used to be awesome and the OWR Maduro is great but its been a long time since I've had one of those. The Sun Grown has always been solid, I'd definitely put one of those in there.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Edge Sumatra, Patel Bros and Nording are my top three Patel blends
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Bump on the Patel Bros original...for sure my favorite. I have a box and a half resting.