Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron 85th

Anyone burn one of these sticks yet? Saw them at the bm and they looked great, but they were asking $24 each!

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    been wondering about these myself, my b&m guy said he didnt even know about them or the ab fine and rares, dont know whats he has been doing?lol
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    NightHawk:
    Anyone burn one of these sticks yet? Saw them at the bm and they looked great, but they were asking $24 each!
    Yeah, that's the right price for the Padron Family Reserves. I still think the Padron 45th Maduro is my favorite Family Reserve.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    NightHawk:
    that price is right for a Family Reserve. IMO, if you're gonna spend $24 on a cigar, spend another $6 and get a Padron 1926 80th.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Krieg:
    NightHawk:

that price is right for a Family Reserve. IMO, if you're gonna spend $24 on a cigar, spend another $6 and get a Padron 1926 80th.

This. The '26 80th is unreal. Smoked one on my honeymoon.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I burned one and wrote a review on it, just need to type it up and post. Short answer is this; I'd pat up to $40 a stick for this one... and I live on a tuna-fish budget... That special honestly. The most complex and flavorful stick I've burned in 7 years of cigar smoking. Richest smoke and highest superb construction all in all.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Maduro or natural, is it just a matter of opinion?
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    Maduro or natural, is it just a matter of opinion?
    curious too cause most ive heard like the naturals better in those lines
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    I burned one and wrote a review on it, just need to type it up and post. Short answer is this; I'd pat up to $40 a stick for this one... and I live on a tuna-fish budget... That special honestly. The most complex and flavorful stick I've burned in 7 years of cigar smoking. Richest smoke and highest superb construction all in all.
    lol... love it. Yeah it's a good stick. I like it a bit more than the 46th maduro. Though I like them both. Is it better than the 80? Eh, that's tough. I like the 80, well enough to buy a couple of boxes but the 85 is damn close but it's different too. Both are great smokes. for the record, I didn't think the 45th was the best of the bunch like some so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    phobicsquirrel:
    90+ Irishman:
    lol... love it. Yeah it's a good stick. I like it a bit more than the 46th maduro. Though I like them both. Is it better than the 80? Eh, that's tough. I like the 80, well enough to buy a couple of boxes but the 85 is damn close but it's different too. Both are great smokes. for the record, I didn't think the 45th was the best of the bunch like some so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Yes, what a monster of a cigar the 85th maduro is! Rich flavours beyond belief. When I pony up for another one I will let it sit for 6 months though. At least that is my plan :-)