Home General Discussion
Options

What cigar will you smoke on Christmas this year?

I know many of you will light up that perfect, special cigar at some point Christmas day or night. If so, what will it be? Since I'm a newbie, it kind of helps me to know just what cigar you think is special. Also, please tell me about the characteristics of the cigar (what it tastes like, how it burns, etc), so if it sounds good to me, I may get one at some point. Also, what will you be drinking with it, if anything. Thanks for being patient with me. I'm really interested.

Comments

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I picked out a Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo to have after mid night mass on Christmas Eve. I haven't had one of these yet, but I've been sitting on one for a little over a month so it will be all ready for me. These smell great! I can't wait.

Rob
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    You Know I hadnt really thought of it till now, My evening cigar will be a Viaje Holiday Blend. Probably paired with a light roast coffee.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I'm a morning cigar smoker mostly. I'm going to have a old faithful in the morning and it's one of my favorite mild cigars to have. It will be a Avo Classic Robusto. To sum it up it is a mild cigar that teases the medium body smoker. Throughout, it is creamy with soft chewy smoke. It is nutty and woodsy in flavor with a sweet grassy taste at the halfway point. But doesnt stay. Very nice cigar in the morning. I will pair it with some coffee, black, made in Jamaica. Thanks for reading and asking....

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I'll be smoking a prime rib all day so I'll get to smoke a few . I picked up a couple Sancho Panza dulcineas . This was the 2nd cigar I had ever smoked and one I love big time. It's a nice easy smoke. I'll be drinking craft beers starting with some Left Hand milk stouts and at dinner I'll be popping the cork on a Brookly Brewery Black Ops it's a Russian Imperial stout that was aged in bourbon barrels. This bottle has 3 years of age on it.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    You Know I hadnt really thought of it till now, My evening cigar will be a Viaje Holiday Blend. Probably paired with a light roast coffee.

Interesting, I have yet to smoke one and I have a few of them. Jsnake said they are a wonderful cigar. If I have a chance to smoke one in the evening, it will be that. Thanks Rudy for bringing that up. A holiday smoke for the holiday, can't beat that.....

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    The Kid:

Interesting, I have yet to smoke one and I have a few of them. Jsnake said they are a wonderful cigar. If I have a chance to smoke one in the evening, it will be that. Thanks Rudy for bringing that up. A holiday smoke for the holiday, can't beat that.....

Me neither it will be my first. Actually thank Salem as this thread brought it to mind.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    RCY Cigars:
    The Kid:

Me neither it will be my first. Actually thank Salem as this thread brought it to mind.

You are right, thank you again Salem :)....

• Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Great thread idea. I had not thought about it really. Since it will most likely be cold as balls outside it will most likely be a robusto and that would mean a My Father. If not too cold then maybe a Tat Anarchy. Had some resting for a while and they rock. Usually pair stogies with alchohol but coffee action might hit the spot instead.
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    For xmas eve, it all depends on how many I had during the day...I have a habit of going overboard early and ruining the later smokes...That said, I have a MOW Armada that I just brought to the top for xmas or the eve...Very smooth with a little sweetness and complexity...Should pair well with the eggnog that I like (one/two parts eggnog, one part Baileys, one part Kaluha)...Now, while I'm thinking about it, I have a black orchid that I bought in July that is set aside for New Year's eve...I haven't had one, so no review and not sure what I'll be drinking or even if I'll be standing after what I have heard about that stick....
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Planning on one of two sticks, both with over a year on them, my very first opus or an Oliva V maddy from last year.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viaje Holiday Blend and Viaje Zombie
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    This year it will be a SLR 98 Lonsdale.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Maybe it will be that liga privada undercrown that i've been saving.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    A. Fuente Anejo 46. Has lots of dark fruit, maple syrup, old polished leather, and dark chocolate flavor, and pairs well with a hot drink (which will be necessary to be outside...)
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Nothing.... Too much travel and driving to enjoy anything, plus no one in my family smokes so I'd be sitting outside in the cold by myself!
  • Options
    brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    For me I will start the day with a Liga Privada Dirty Rat and Finish with an A. Fuente Opus X Fuente Fuente. The Opus X has 2 years in my Humi :-) Cant wait...
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    I'll be smoking a prime rib all day so I'll get to smoke a few . I picked up a couple Sancho Panza dulcineas . This was the 2nd cigar I had ever smoked and one I love big time. It's a nice easy smoke. I'll be drinking craft beers starting with some Left Hand milk stouts and at dinner I'll be popping the cork on a Brookly Brewery Black Ops it's a Russian Imperial stout that was aged in bourbon barrels. This bottle has 3 years of age on it.

MMMMMMMMM loves me some milk stout. Have you tried the Left Hand Nitro? Milk stout nitro infused, my all time fav with a Fuente maduro.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Haven't had the nitro. Will have to check that out . Bet it looks like a class of caramel when poured.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    i think ill have 2. the tatuaje red tubo and the tatuaje wolf man. this is gonna be my last christmas in the u.s for a while because of my projected deployment schedule so i figure why not burn some good ones
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    slickric:
    i think ill have 2. the tatuaje red tubo and the tatuaje wolf man. this is gonna be my last christmas in the u.s for a while because of my projected deployment schedule so i figure why not burn some good ones
    When are you being deployed and to where? My prayers will be with you brother as you serve our country. I can't begin to thank you enough for your service.
    The Wolfman should make you all warm and fuzzy inside! I might just match you and do the same thing. It looks like I'm either gonna have a Fuente night or a Tatuaje night. Either way, it's gonna be good.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Probably nothing to special for Xmass, probably a JDN DC or Camacho Diploma. For New Years though I may have my 1st Armada if I im in a situation where I can comfortably enjoy and pay complete attention to a cigar. I was really hoping to grab one of the Padron Anny maduros for the holidays as Ive never had one. No money for cigars this month though.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    OchoZacho:
    slickric:
    When are you being deployed and to where? My prayers will be with you brother as you serve our country. I can't begin to thank you enough for your service.
    The Wolfman should make you all warm and fuzzy inside! I might just match you and do the same thing. It looks like I'm either gonna have a Fuente night or a Tatuaje night. Either way, it's gonna be good.
    im gonna be in mezari sharif in feb. I'm not in the army any more but i took a contracting job doing aerial imagery analasys for the troops so i deploy with them often. i am looking forward to the wolfman, my only regret is that i only have 1 bc the other one i have is for my buddy who is in iraq right now
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    The Kid:
    I have thoroughly enjoyed every Viaje I've ever had. Haven't had that one, but I'll bet it will be wonderful. The 50/50 was REALLY interesting, can't say enough good things about it. If you get a chance, and haven't had one, it's worth the $.

I'll probably fire up a Padron '26.........So many cigars, so little time
  • Options
    slickric:
    OchoZacho:
    slickric:
    im gonna be in mezari sharif in feb. I'm not in the army any more but i took a contracting job doing aerial imagery analasys for the troops so i deploy with them often. i am looking forward to the wolfman, my only regret is that i only have 1 bc the other one i have is for my buddy who is in iraq right now
    Keep your head down, and stay safe, Brother!
  • Options
    docbp87:
    A. Fuente Anejo 46. Has lots of dark fruit, maple syrup, old polished leather, and dark chocolate flavor, and pairs well with a hot drink (which will be necessary to be outside...)
    Just bookmarked the Smoke Into Oblivion blog. I'll enjoy reading through the reviews.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it's going to be a Governator by Casillas. Can't wait.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Damn fine idea Rudy... I may be riding his coat tails on this one.
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Ordered the Pinar del Rio sampler.. Hoping they are here by the weekend to enjoy for Christmas..enjoyed the article about Abe in the C.com newsletter..
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    There are some sticks on my radar that I am choosing from while deep frying the turkey. My decision hasn't been made yet.
    Anejo 48 from 2008
    Don Arturo Gran Anniverxario Maduro
    FFOX
    Tat Black Tubo with a year on it
    LFD Factory Press IV
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    JDH:
    docbp87:
    Just bookmarked the Smoke Into Oblivion blog. I'll enjoy reading through the reviews.
    Thanks brother! I actually post most of my reviews in the review section here anyway, but I appreciate the hits.