Home General Discussion

101 things to do with your Cigar Boxes

Ok, I just got off another thread and got on the conversation what others do with Cigar boxes. So let's here it. I've made a table top out of the tops and sides which made a really nice serving bar after I put a heavy coat of lacquer on it. JDH awhile ago said he made Jewelry boxes with them after lining them with felt. Any other creationist out there.

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I give them to a buddy of mine who is a homebrewer. He takes them, puts in a computer fan and puts a magnet on it with a power source, then puts his yeast mixture in a flask and a magnetic(teflon coated) bar in there on top of the box and then turns it on to activate his yeast for him...works like a dream!
  • brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    I started that thread because it ususeualy starts some pretty good conversation :-)... I have made table tops and have shot them up with my CMMG AR15 and still constantly use them on my work bench for separating nuts bolts screws... so far my favorite use is holding my spent shell casings at the range and saving them for reloading. Its a nice way to separating my different types of ammo. Thanks for starting this thread... it's a good one!
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    brettdub33:
    I started that thread because it ususeualy starts some pretty good conversation :-)... I have made table tops and have shot them up with my CMMG AR15 and still constantly use them on my work bench for separating nuts bolts screws... so far my favorite use is holding my spent shell casings at the range and saving them for reloading. Its a nice way to separating my different types of ammo. Thanks for starting this thread... it's a good one!
    Pragmatism has it's place, but they are just a lot of fun to shoot with the shotgun. I've got a Browning over & under, and it's just fun to shoot stuff with that gun.
  • brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    JDH:
    brettdub33:
    Pragmatism has it's place, but they are just a lot of fun to shoot with the shotgun. I've got a Browning over & under, and it's just fun to shoot stuff with that gun.
    Ive got a Remington Model 1100 Tac 2 Tactical and you are very right it is fun to see them explode when hit with a 00 buck load!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Call me a traditionalist, but I tend to refill and/or replace mine :0)
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Im in the process of coming up with a coffee table or tall floor lamp made of cigar boxes. glass top for the table, openable cases for the lamp, so you can stash stuff in it.. like your lighters and cutters.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL great ideas... mostly so far I have been using it as art that I frame and send off to brothers.... see FTG Brett's example so far. When I get the ability (read when we buy our first house) I will be using them to make into doors for a custom built-in wall humi.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I got a little surprise in the works for a couple BOTL here. Should be ready in a couple weeks.
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Clocks...........sorry, I had to do it.............
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    spindrift:
    Great ones too!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    spindrift:
    But your clocks are the ****, thanks again Paul for that one last week...just awesome!!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    The only boxes I get are the ones my samplers and singles come in. So I'd have to say recycle lol Has anyone ever made one of those old school cigar box guitars?
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    spindrift:
    Great ones too!

I've not been paying attention obvisously, Zeebra tells me that every now and then, lol. Interesting, I wonder what a LP or Camacho one would look like. Spindrift PM incoming....

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I can't make them myself, but I have a cigar box guitar made by this company. It even plugs in!

Chillen Guitars

If you check out the page that's my buddy John Eisenhart tearin' one up in a couple of the videos.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • lcpleel:
    spindrift:
    Great ones too!
    +10000000
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    I got a little surprise in the works for a couple BOTL here. Should be ready in a couple weeks.
    I can't wait to see this!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Ken Light:
    I can't make them myself, but I have a cigar box guitar made by this company. It even plugs in!

Chillen Guitars

If you check out the page that's my buddy John Eisenhart tearin' one up in a couple of the videos.
    Those are awesome.Thanks for the link